Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Maverick111
    • By Maverick111 7th Jul 17, 1:18 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Maverick111
    paypal help for business debt
    • 7th Jul 17, 1:18 PM
    paypal help for business debt 7th Jul 17 at 1:18 PM
    Hi folks,
    Paypal business account, has my name as the 'contact' name but the business name on all the account details. I was doing admin for this business for my partner hence me being the contact name(yes lesson learnt although I thought contact name just meant someone they could ring to speak to!). Unfortunately the business has run up some debt with paypal and I have now had a debt collectors letter in my personal name not the business name. It is a business limited by guarantee ive contacted paypal on numberous occasions about this , paypal say they can't do anything as its been referred to a debt collection agency, the debt collection agency say to contact paypal!

Any ideas? much appreciated in advance!
Page 1
    • Guest101
    • By Guest101 7th Jul 17, 2:19 PM
    • 15,118 Posts
    • 14,764 Thanks
    Guest101
    • 7th Jul 17, 2:19 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 2:19 PM
    Hi folks,
    Paypal business account, has my name as the 'contact' name but the business name on all the account details. I was doing admin for this business for my partner hence me being the contact name(yes lesson learnt although I thought contact name just meant someone they could ring to speak to!). Unfortunately the business has run up some debt with paypal and I have now had a debt collectors letter in my personal name not the business name. It is a business limited by guarantee ive contacted paypal on numberous occasions about this , paypal say they can't do anything as its been referred to a debt collection agency, the debt collection agency say to contact paypal!

Any ideas? much appreciated in advance!
    Originally posted by Maverick111

I think the best way to reply is to write and say, I know longer work for this company.
  • National Debtline
    • 10th Jul 17, 12:57 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 12:57 PM
    Hi Maverick and welcome to MSE,

I would agree with Guest101 that you should write and complain, ask for a copy of the agreement - they may ask you to do this under a Subject Access Request (which can cost £10) - https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/sampleletters/Pages/Personal-information-under-the-Data-Protection-Act-%28sole-name%29.aspx.

It may also be worth having a quick chat with Business Debtline (0800 197 6026) to discuss potential liability issues. Good luck,

Laura
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,374Posts Today

7,225Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Interesting, most people say they would champion a policy from a party they usually oppose. Yet is anyone brave eno? https://t.co/MWYGHunAqu

• RT @MSE_Deals: The MSE deals team are in the office nice and early to bring you full analysis of all the #BlackFriday deals throughout the?

• RT @MSE_Deals: #BlackFriday UPDATE... We've spotted some of Currys' prices are cheaper online than in its stores, eg, Sonos Play 1 £149 onl?

• Follow Martin