Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dlusman
    • By dlusman 6th Jul 17, 8:52 AM
    • 2,170Posts
    • 4,161Thanks
    dlusman
    Lidl Super weekend 15/16 July
    • 6th Jul 17, 8:52 AM
    Lidl Super weekend 15/16 July 6th Jul 17 at 8:52 AM
    More wine + 2 good offers

Syrah Grenache rose 75cl £2.99 from £4.99
    Chardonnay Veneto white 75cl £2.99 from £4.79
    Deluxe West Country Cheddar ( Vintage 250g or Extra Mature 320g ) £1.14 from £2.29
    Deluxe Crisps 150g (Mature Chedder & red Onion , Sweet Chilli & Sour Cream ) 39p from 79p

F& V for full week @ 45p
    Sweet Potato 500g
    Radish 250g
    Nectarines 500g
    Aubergine each

Official MoneySavingExpert insert Tue 11 Jul: Lidl has confirmed details of its upcoming ‘Super Weekend’ offers online (https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Offers.htm?id=73) and with us. Offers include half-price cheddar (£1.14, down from £2.29), half price crisps (39p, down from 79p), plus discounted bottles of rose (£2.99 down from £4.99) and white wine (£2.99 down from £4.79), available in stores this weekend, while stocks last.
    Big thanks to dlusman for the original spot!
    This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Tom; 11-07-2017 at 6:03 PM.
Page 1
    • PLRFD
    • By PLRFD 6th Jul 17, 8:58 AM
    • 594 Posts
    • 591 Thanks
    PLRFD
    • 6th Jul 17, 8:58 AM
    • 6th Jul 17, 8:58 AM
    Maybe cheese for me then Gromit.
    • captainbeaker
    • By captainbeaker 6th Jul 17, 10:12 AM
    • 293 Posts
    • 515 Thanks
    captainbeaker
    • 6th Jul 17, 10:12 AM
    • 6th Jul 17, 10:12 AM
    Another wine and cheese party with crisps as munchies
    • andygb
    • By andygb 7th Jul 17, 1:18 PM
    • 11,751 Posts
    • 25,325 Thanks
    andygb
    • 7th Jul 17, 1:18 PM
    • 7th Jul 17, 1:18 PM
    More wine + 2 good offers

Syrah Grenache rose 75cl £2.99 from £4.99
    Chardonnay Veneto white 75cl £2.99 from £4.79
    Deluxe West Country Cheddar ( Vintage 250g or Extra Mature 320g ) £1.14 from £2.29
    Deluxe Crisps 150g (Mature Chedder & red Onion , Sweet Chilli & Sour Cream ) 39p from 79p

F& V for full week @ 45p
    Sweet Potato 500g
    Radish 250g
    Nectarines 500g
    Aubergine each
    Originally posted by dlusman
    That Rose is good value and great for the Summer.
    Here are some interesting recipes/cocktails for using Rose. Instead of Pimms, I would use Lidl's Peytons at £6.99 a bottle.
    • sew what
    • By sew what 9th Jul 17, 12:47 AM
    • 131 Posts
    • 161 Thanks
    sew what
    • 9th Jul 17, 12:47 AM
    • 9th Jul 17, 12:47 AM
    I got the Chardonnay last time it was on offer - perfectly drinkable for £2.99!
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 11th Jul 17, 8:20 AM
    • 15,403 Posts
    • 125,495 Thanks
    JackieO
    • 11th Jul 17, 8:20 AM
    • 11th Jul 17, 8:20 AM
    I bought Valley Spire cheese a few weeks ago in Lidls, and opened it up and it had been pre-frozen and it crumbled all the time I am working my way through it, and had to whizz it in my small chopper to even more crumbs as its impossible to slice so I shan't be buying that cheese again
    Quot Libros,Quam Breve Tempus.
    • dlusman
    • By dlusman 11th Jul 17, 10:16 AM
    • 2,170 Posts
    • 4,161 Thanks
    dlusman
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:16 AM
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:16 AM
    I bought Valley Spire cheese a few weeks ago in Lidls, and opened it up and it had been pre-frozen and it crumbled all the time I am working my way through it, and had to whizz it in my small chopper to even more crumbs as its impossible to slice so I shan't be buying that cheese again
    Originally posted by JackieO
    Never had any problems with the Valley Spire cheese I have bought from them . ( and this offer is different )
    • Huskydays
    • By Huskydays 11th Jul 17, 10:44 AM
    • 78 Posts
    • 310 Thanks
    Huskydays
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:44 AM
    • 11th Jul 17, 10:44 AM
    Cheese, crisps and nectarines for me

Glad it's not just me. I've found their mature cheddar (the one in the purple pack) is always crumbly these days but the other types I've tried have always been fine. I wondered if it was a batch storage issue or something.
    A witty saying proves nothing
    • PasturesNew
    • By PasturesNew 11th Jul 17, 11:46 AM
    • 60,288 Posts
    • 352,312 Thanks
    PasturesNew
    • 11th Jul 17, 11:46 AM
    • 11th Jul 17, 11:46 AM
    I'll be wanting the cheese. I gave it a miss last time there was cheese listed as I felt I had enough at home already - and the time before that I missed it as I thought it was a week-long offer, so went on the Tuesday

I'm nearly out of cheese now, so a couple of packs would suffice.
    • antrobus
    • By antrobus 11th Jul 17, 3:55 PM
    • 15,128 Posts
    • 21,480 Thanks
    antrobus
    Probably not.

Cheddar is subject to an ageing process. The older the cheese the more crumbly it becomes. You might prefer eating a young cheddar with a smooth texture and a mild flavour, some of us prefer the older stuff with a bit more bite.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 11th Jul 17, 5:38 PM
    • 23,562 Posts
    • 49,381 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    I think you have been unlucky. I've never had a problem with the red packs, although the vintage cheese on offer tastes lovely, there's not much taste difference between this and the big packs of standard mature.

Cheese, crisps and nectarines for me
    Originally posted by Huskydays
    The last lot of Mature Cheese an Red Onion I bought were vile, far too much salt. I won't be risking that flavour again, although the Chilli was fine.

The nectarines I found go rotten inside before they ripen. Aldi's on the other hand are just perfect.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • Stackridge
    • By Stackridge 12th Jul 17, 7:04 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Stackridge
    Pimm's vs. Peyton's
    andygb

If you take into account alcohol content - Pimm's 25%, Peyton's 17.5% - a litre of Pimm's at £10 is much the same price as a litre of Peyton's at £6.99.
    • pakokelso93
    • By pakokelso93 15th Jul 17, 2:16 AM
    • 230 Posts
    • 240 Thanks
    pakokelso93
    Crisps and Cheese. The couple of big blocks in the deal a few weeks back are nearly gone - so good timing.

Also XXL week in our store this week! You beauty there was the big Cien 1L shower gels (95p) and their old-style 100-instead-of-80 packed baby wipes (big thick decent ones before the done away the 80 down to 64 crappy ones now). I guess just had extra of those old-style wipes sadly so got a whole big box of them! Some other good stuff in the fridge bit including ham, mozerella, bacon and 10 instead of 8 Irish recipe sausages.
    PK!
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 15th Jul 17, 6:54 AM
    • 23,562 Posts
    • 49,381 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    If you take into account alcohol content - Pimm's 25%, Peyton's 17.5% - a litre of Pimm's at £10 is much the same price as a litre of Peyton's at £6.99.
    Originally posted by Stackridge
    Or you could just add a good slug of vodka / hold back on the lemonade?

Also XXL week in our store this week! You beauty there was the big Cien 1L shower gels (95p) and their old-style 100-instead-of-80 packed baby wipes (big thick decent ones before the done away the 80 down to 64 crappy ones now). I guess just had extra of those old-style wipes sadly so got a whole big box of them! Some other good stuff in the fridge bit including ham, mozerella, bacon and 10 instead of 8 Irish recipe sausages.
    Originally posted by pakokelso93
    I bought some XXL packs (500g) tortellini for £1.59 each yesterday. Says serves 2 - would feed me for a week.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • Ken68
    • By Ken68 15th Jul 17, 4:32 PM
    • 6,281 Posts
    • 3,988 Thanks
    Ken68
    Late delivery at my local store. so bought the cheapest available cheese....1kg sliced Gouda at £3.49.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

387Posts Today

3,545Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin