Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SallyUK
    • By SallyUK 6th Jun 17, 6:17 PM
    • 2,318Posts
    • 7,014Thanks
    SallyUK
    Are There Any 2018 Brides Posting On Here?
    • 6th Jun 17, 6:17 PM
    Are There Any 2018 Brides Posting On Here? 6th Jun 17 at 6:17 PM
    I just wondered if there are - it would be interesting to get some ideas and see what their plans are.

Sal
    x
Page 2
    • Vickimichelle
    • By Vickimichelle 29th Jul 17, 12:57 AM
    • 1,567 Posts
    • 5,876 Thanks
    Vickimichelle
    Getting married next year. We were going to do it in Jamaica while on our honeymoon but due to family being upset we're going to do it here then go to Jamaica for the honeymoon.

I really liked the idea of not having to worry about anyone else being there as we wanted it to just be the 2 of us.

I feel a lot more nervous about the whole thing now.
    • skimper
    • By skimper 31st Jul 17, 2:13 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    skimper
    March 17th in knutsford, Cheshire.

Everything booked, just need to get suits & rings. Invites ordered at the weekend.
    • skimper
    • By skimper 31st Jul 17, 2:16 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    skimper
    Hiya! We get married September 2018 on a Monday! We've booked the register office in Manchester and are now looking for venues on a tight budget. We live in Cornwall so viewing is really hard!! We are from Manchester and both families still live there, hence a Manchester wedding. We've got 75 day time guests and about 150 evening guests and already have our DJ and band as they're family and will fit in wherever lol. Anybody any ideas?? Cheap but nice venues?!! Cheers!
    Originally posted by dellahowe
    We are honeymooning in Cornwall, were going to Looe. Any suggestions on day trips that are dog friendly?
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 1st Aug 17, 6:50 AM
    • 133 Posts
    • 217 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    I've bought my dress!! ��������
    • BunnyBunny
    • By BunnyBunny 15th Aug 17, 5:03 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    BunnyBunny
    Hello!
    We're aiming for 2018 but nothing is organised apart from a dress I just found in a charity shop! I think it will look great once altered...
    Have looked at so many venues online but nothing seems quite right, I just want something small and secluded and most venues seem more geared up towards 100+ or elopements with less than 10. Can't seem to find a happy medium!
    Has anyone else spotted any venues that are more cosy?
    • SallyUK
    • By SallyUK 31st Aug 17, 6:37 PM
    • 2,318 Posts
    • 7,014 Thanks
    SallyUK
    Which area?

We're aiming for 2018 but nothing is organised apart from a dress I just found in a charity shop! I think it will look great once altered...
    Have looked at so many venues online but nothing seems quite right, I just want something small and secluded and most venues seem more geared up towards 100+ or elopements with less than 10. Can't seem to find a happy medium!
    Has anyone else spotted any venues that are more cosy?
    Originally posted by BunnyBunny
    • SallyUK
    • By SallyUK 31st Aug 17, 6:39 PM
    • 2,318 Posts
    • 7,014 Thanks
    SallyUK
    My future MIL lives in Knutsford, it's lovely there.

Sal
    March 17th in knutsford, Cheshire.

Everything booked, just need to get suits & rings. Invites ordered at the weekend.
    Originally posted by skimper
    • minirolo2004
    • By minirolo2004 2nd Sep 17, 5:37 PM
    • 283 Posts
    • 808 Thanks
    minirolo2004
    We are getting married next September.

We are doing the 'legal' bit in the morning and then having our own ceremony and party from mid afternoon. All in our garden. We are hiring some food vans and an executive washroom as well as a band. If it rains, I have a last minute 'fitted tents' company on hand who can put everything undercover.

Oh, and we are telling everyone to dress down and prepare to sit on straw bales
    Per Ardua Ad Astra
    • rae123
    • By rae123 14th Sep 17, 11:03 AM
    • 31 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    rae123
    We're getting married in September 2018 in North Wales (but from Yorkshire).

Venue, registrar and photographer booked and that's it so far. Terrifying reading what all you have got booked already!

Seriously struggling to find affordable caterers in North Wales, so if anyone has any tips...

Also, haven't even thought about dresses/flowers etc yet! I am a Designer by trade so have made a start on my Save The Dates and Invites this week!
    Originally posted by Jodzz
    I went to a wedding in August at Ruthin Castle, was such a beautiful venue! Where are you getting married in North Wales?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,244Posts Today

8,158Users online

Martin's Twitter