First time buyer - temporary agency contract

Options
Hi everyone

Has anyone successfully got a mortgage through nationwide (or elsewhere) on a temporary contract through an agency? Nationwide have said we will be accepted but would love some advice or stories of past experiences from real people. We have had an offer accepted (115k) we have the deposit and all in all we are good to go. Any other temp workers that have been able to secure a mortgage? It feels too good to be true.

(Main income is 22k, excellent credit score, no defaults or late payments etc, been in the job for 16 months and it's an ongoing contract)

Comments

• ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,728 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    I have had one and it was with Nationwide.
    But as I say a lot on here, the devil is in the detail. One person being accepted does not mean the next person will be even if their situations appears on the face of it to be identical.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Muneyman
    Options
    I would recommend a broker really but try NatWest. 12m min though and income is average of last six. Assuming you're a agency not fixed term contractor. Nationwide mostly cheaper so I don't honestly think you'll do better.
  • easilydistracted
    Options
    I would definitely try a broker. When I bought with my partner most places were incredibly picky about lending on a temp contract. Nationwide messed us about royally but did eventually lend based on my partner having had at least one temp contract renewal and a year left to run. This was about a year ago.
    Saving for a deposit. £5440 of £11000 saved so far:j
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Jkbc90 wrote: »
    and it's an ongoing contract)

People are employed on a temporary basis for a reason. The end can often be very sudden. What's your notice period?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure