Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • One-Eye
    • By One-Eye 18th May 17, 8:00 PM
    • 36,941Posts
    • 5,900,432Thanks
    One-Eye
    E: 01/06 Win 3-nights for 4 in a Lingholm Estate Apartment, Lake District
    • 18th May 17, 8:00 PM
    E: 01/06 Win 3-nights for 4 in a Lingholm Estate Apartment, Lake District 18th May 17 at 8:00 PM
    reg/login with Living North

We’ve teamed up with The Lingholm Estate to offer one lucky reader a long weekend for four, in a two bedroom apartment on the picturesque estate, situated on the western shore of Derwentwater. Everywhere you look around this corner of the Lake District there are stunning surroundings. To the north, you’ll see the Lakeland Fells of Skiddaw; to the east, Castlerigg and High Seat will draw your eye; Newlands Round encircles the estate to the west and south. At the heart of the estate is a Grade II-listed Victorian house, built by architect Alfred Waterhouse, who designed London’s Natural History Museum. It was these same surroundings that inspired Beatrix Potter to conjure up Mr McGregor’s Garden in The Tale of Peter Rabbit. The author spent nine summers here in the late 1890s and early 1900s, at a time when Lingholm would be let out as a fully-furnished summer house.

The winner will be entitled to a three-night stay, from Friday to Monday, in a two-bed apartment for four people to share, subject to availability.
    The booking must be taken outside school holidays.

Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,899Posts Today

4,386Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just leaving Manchester after the funeral of my beloved grandma Gladys who passed away last night. https://t.co/nuC9ry5mP6

• The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Follow Martin