Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • vigman
    • By vigman 18th May 17, 1:57 PM
    • 1,078Posts
    • 259Thanks
    vigman
    Marriage allowance refund delay
    • 18th May 17, 1:57 PM
    Marriage allowance refund delay 18th May 17 at 1:57 PM
    Hi

Thanks to MSE I requested the marriage allowance refund as I have been paying tax the last few years but my wife hasn't.

On screen it said I would receive two cheques. I quickly received one cheque c£200 for 15/16 and a notice of tax code change. However three weeks later I have not had the second cheque although this is due.

Has anyone else experienced a similar delay?

TIA

Vigman
    Any information given in my posts or replies is intended to be of interest and/or help to members of the forum. I cannot guarantee that this is accurate or up to date.
Page 1
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 18th May 17, 2:25 PM
    • 3,251 Posts
    • 2,478 Thanks
    sheramber
    • 18th May 17, 2:25 PM
    • 18th May 17, 2:25 PM
    2016/17 is the year that has just ended. HMRC have to wait for the final end of year figures to be submitted and then work through hundreds of cases.

Depending on where you are in the queue, repayment may not be processed for several months.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,599Posts Today

6,692Users online

Martin's Twitter