Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • someanonbloke
    • By someanonbloke 17th May 17, 11:22 AM
    • 174Posts
    • 14Thanks
    someanonbloke
    Recommended Custom Orthotics suppliers?
    • 17th May 17, 11:22 AM
    Recommended Custom Orthotics suppliers? 17th May 17 at 11:22 AM
    Hi, I'm diagnosed with some biomechanical imperfections which require orthotics.

I used to get NHS orthotics which, whilst not perfect, were adequate for my needs. The NHS said I'm allowed one pair/year, which is OK as I can continue using old ones which last a bit longer. Anyway, after my last experience with the NHS trying to get a fitting for my orthotics, the service was so poor and incomplete, I've realised it's simply not worth relying on them to fix my problem and so I've decided to look elsewhere.

Can anyone recommend a supplier for custom orthotics? Some of the prices I've come across are ridiculous but obviously I'll have to spend a bit extra on the problem. Cheers.
Page 1
    • Greylocks
    • By Greylocks 11th Jun 17, 6:29 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Greylocks
    • 11th Jun 17, 6:29 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 6:29 PM
    You would normally need to be scanned for bespoke orthotics - perhaps contact a few local podiatrists and see what they quote...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,212Posts Today

8,212Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @KCMurdarasi: @MartinSLewis Only 2 fluently, but I can struggle by in another 5 or so. And ask the way to the toilet in about 10 - you d?

• Today's twitter poll: How many languages do you speak (inc Eng) with reasonable fluency (eg can have decent phone chat solely in that lang)

• RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• Follow Martin