Adventures of the Boy & Me..

Options

Comments

• JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Chandelier, it's so lovely to see your updates and how positive they are! There really seems to be a shift in your mindset and even when you're feeling low, you find some positive thoughts to share too :)

Your holiday next year sounds great! Our plan for 2018 is to crack on with paying our debt down as much as possible, get a new bathroom installed and book a family holiday for the four of us (the first since my DS1 was 6 months old - he's 5 at Christmas!).

My sister is getting married in four months and it's wedding prep central here! It's so lovely to have it to look forward to, though, so I hope you enjoy the planning with your sister.

Have a great day :)
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • jvr
    jvr Posts: 426 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello

We have similar savings plan to go to South Africa need about 2500 all in all .... finally have a budget going for it!
    Have you thought about checking to see if adding on business to your car insurance makes it cheaper... it did ours very randomly
    Debt: £14,000 now £2169
    Emergency Fund: 1000/ £1000
    :j
  • Chandelier.
    Chandelier. Posts: 933 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    JoJo, my thinking is that the holiday is something to look forward too. I don't plan on booking any others after this for a while. My sisters wedding is also 16 months away so plenty of time for prep and planning. I'm not sure what the trip to London entails aside from meeting up with sisters friend who is maid of honour and talking through things.

Jvr I'll have a look into that now you've mentioned it. I still have the potential to use car for business milage purposes in the future. Who knows, all I know is I'm going to keep shopping around for the best deal possible.

Today's gone as well as it could. I'm honestly exhausted though and have an appointment/investigations at the hospital tomorrow which I'm not looking forward too.

I'm looking forward to my birthday on Saturday though. I'll be 25, a whole quarter of a century! I'm not sure what I have to show for it except a nearly 7 year old ha ha!
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    :D
  • Chandelier.
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I know this is not really necessary... but I'm finding it so hard not to make anymore further over payments at the moment. It's only because I have money sat in separate account sat there for just in case emergencies and other budgets.

I'd already begun to top my fund back up after making big over payments the other week but that itch is there still and I'm wanting to scratch it so badly and make more overpayments.

I know in some ways this is a good thing but in other ways it's not. It's like I have this huge urge to push myself further and further to pay off debts.

Does any of this even make sense?
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • Chandelier.
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    So after much umming and ahhing, I gave in and made an overpayment..

Halifax CC: £2995.
    MBNA CC: £2950. (£30 payment made)

Total debt
    : £5945.

:o

I feel a slightly bit better although I fear I'm becoming obsessed with seeing the numbers go down..
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    If you feel like you need to make a payment more often why not join Payment a day but send a much smaller amount so you don't leave yourself short etc? I totally know what you mean though if I had money in the bank I'd want to send it over too.

Hope tomorrow goes okay x
  • Chandelier.
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hidden if I joined the payment a day I'd be forever paying out random amounts.. It's just like sometimes I get random urges to make payments/make lump sum payments. This tends to be when I'm either low or on a high. Hmm..

I've already simplified things enough in regards to paying off debt. I think I'm going to take Speky's previous advice and focus on one card at a time now. Ill make decent payments to each card, each month but focus the extra payments to one card only and when that's gone focus on the other.

My aim for the year was to get the balance below £5000. I'm going to push the boat and aim for it below £4500. Whether that's a pound or a penny, it doesn't matter. Who knows I may even smash this and set another goal to work towards.

The main focus shall be the MBNA card for now as this ends earlier then Halifax.

This month's wage should be higher then usual so I'm hoping once I know what it is I can then work out next months budget and plan ahead.

I'm off for investigations at the hospital today which I'm not looking forward too. So I'll have parking to pay for. I also need to get the boys dad a fathers day present. I'll try find something cheap or pick up a few cans of beer for him and then get the boy to make something.

Happy Friday everyone :)
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    I think you've done amazing in all honesty.

Don't be so hard on yourself. I wasn't meaning you should pay more, I was more meaning if you where worried the urges would lead to you being short elsewhere. You clearly have it under control because you are and have done so well. I hope I didnt offend you.

Good luck today and I hope it goes as well as it can x
  • Chandelier.
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning :D

So it's my birthday today, a whole 25 years old :bdaycake: !!!

Where has time gone?! It's certainly flown. This time last year I was in absolute pain following an operation and didn't do anything for my birthday. This year we have a pretty busy day.. the boy has football this morning and then a party to attend at lunch time for a couple of hours. I then may venture to our local ice cream parlour and then we're off for an Italian meal with close family members tonight.

Yesterday, all went well at the hospital. Lots of sitting around until procedure was done. I have a follow up end of October. It seems so far away. £2.50 spent on car parking there.

Me and the boy then came up with the idea of making his dad a chocolate bouquet for fathers day. So off we ventured to b&ms and bought a good stash of his dad's favourite chocolate (total spends £7.49) and went home to construct our masterpiece. Following lots of construction with polystyrene (that went everywhere :eek:), tissue paper, wooden sticks and sellotape later, we had our final masterpiece which does look good. If I bought one of these from a shop we were looking at around £15-20. So a good money saving effort there for us for something that's hand made and thought of for his dad :money: ... even if we did look bonkers buying lots of chocolate.

We then bought a card for his dad and a card for his friend for her birthday today (£2.50) and I'll put some money in a card for her. I did ponder about making a sweet bouquet for his friend but figured it would be too much hard work as I was exhausted yesterday evening. I'm glad we didn't after making the first one :rotfl:.

Anyhow, I'm off to get ready for the busy day ahead of us. I feel tired just thinking of what's happening so far.. the healthy eating shall be put on the back burner for today. I'm allowed a day off :D. All has been going well though.

Happy Saturday everyone ;)
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Happy Birthday 🎉

Only just started readying your diary and you are doing really well.

Chocolate bouquet was a really good idea .

Have a faboulous day .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport