Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lauralou79
    • By Lauralou79 19th Apr 17, 7:39 AM
    • 56Posts
    • 22Thanks
    Lauralou79
    Joint account
    • 19th Apr 17, 7:39 AM
    Joint account 19th Apr 17 at 7:39 AM
    Our mortgage has been approved subject to valuation. Obviously we still have a way to go yet, but planning ahead want to open a joint account for bills etc in the next few weeks. I'm aware you don't apply for credit until completion incase it affects the offer, but does this include a new bank account?
Page 1
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 19th Apr 17, 7:55 AM
    • 31,324 Posts
    • 16,735 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 19th Apr 17, 7:55 AM
    • 19th Apr 17, 7:55 AM
    Yes. A credit search will be carried out.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • Lauralou79
    • By Lauralou79 19th Apr 17, 8:10 AM
    • 56 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Lauralou79
    • 19th Apr 17, 8:10 AM
    • 19th Apr 17, 8:10 AM
    Thanks. Will wait till we have the keys!
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 19th Apr 17, 8:31 AM
    • 31,324 Posts
    • 16,735 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 19th Apr 17, 8:31 AM
    • 19th Apr 17, 8:31 AM
    Good idea.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,488Posts Today

6,835Users online

Martin's Twitter