Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Iamkatty
    • By Iamkatty 14th Apr 17, 12:03 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Iamkatty
    Does a cheap fertility clinic deserve trust?
    • 14th Apr 17, 12:03 PM
    Does a cheap fertility clinic deserve trust? 14th Apr 17 at 12:03 PM
    Hi! I have some problems with my fertility and this is the main reason why my hubby and I can’t conceive. I’ve contacted the doctor and she diagnosed me with PCOS. I know that this health issue is rather spread around the world. Loads of ladies with PCOS manage to conceive every year. I have already experienced several treatments, but they didn’t work with me. I took metformin. It did helped me to reduce my weight, but again, I didn’t get pregnant after having taken pills more than 2 years. I had a surgery, and it didn’t work with me too. Now, my gyny recommends me to try egg donation. We will do IVF with donor eggs. For me, it’s the best solution for us as I’m sick and tired of taking pills. Both my hubby and I dream to become parents. Now, we’re searching for the clinic to suit us. We’ve visited several reproductive clinics. Both of them are situated overseas as ED is forbidden in the country where we live at present. The first clinic seems to be a reputable one. We’ve found loads of feedbacks about it on various fertility forums. It has rather good success rates. In addition, we quite liked the ED package they offer. They offer free accommodation and transportation services and don’t charge much for their services. These are the things we really liked about this clinic. However, there are some things that make us a little bit alert. When we visited the clinic for the first time, it was too overcrowded. We had to wait nearly two hours before the doctor was ready to meet us. We quite liked her. She seemed to pay attention to every single detail: she studied the results of our health tests very attentively and asked us quite a lot of questions. The consultation lasted nearly 45 min. Both my hubby and I felt very tired after our first visit to the clinic. My hubby is a very hot tempered guy. He said we shouldn’t deal with them. I still hesitate. I liked the doctor we met there. In addition, their prices are more than favorable… What do you think about cheap overcrowded clinics? Do they deserve trust?
Page 1
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 14th Apr 17, 3:05 PM
    • 7,145 Posts
    • 4,218 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 14th Apr 17, 3:05 PM
    • 14th Apr 17, 3:05 PM
    This doesn't sound good; especially the cheap and over crowded part. It sounds like a cut price factory and who would be giving the donation, as it's probably unregulated.

If you both found queuing tiring and your husband is quick tempered, could you cope with lack of sleep from having a newborn or teething baby and realise that children really do try you sometimes ?
    • discerning
    • By discerning 18th Apr 17, 6:59 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    discerning
    • 18th Apr 17, 6:59 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 6:59 PM
    Hi! Firstly, I’m really sorry to hear about your health issue. Unfortunately, PCOS is rather spread nowadays. Nevertheless, you shouldn’t give up. My sister also has PCOS. She managed to conceive after having reduced her weight. She also started to work out regularly and eat healthier food. As for the clinic, I would choose the one you feel really comfortable with. If you find something uncomfortable with the clinic, it’s better to quit it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,943Posts Today

8,789Users online

Martin's Twitter