Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bryando
    • By Bryando 10th Apr 17, 8:52 PM
    • 1,433Posts
    • 420Thanks
    Bryando
    Confused
    • 10th Apr 17, 8:52 PM
    Confused 10th Apr 17 at 8:52 PM
    Hi,

My company have postponed auto-enrolment for three months. But I can join the company one. At a loss frankly!
    NEST is the provider....
    If I move job which is highly likely as dread to think of working for one employer! Does every contribution go into the same pot or will me getting a new job mean the previous stops and a new pot starts?
    Last edited by Bryando; 10-04-2017 at 9:19 PM.
Page 1
    • JoeCrystal
    • By JoeCrystal 11th Apr 17, 12:44 PM
    • 1,207 Posts
    • 671 Thanks
    JoeCrystal
    • 11th Apr 17, 12:44 PM
    • 11th Apr 17, 12:44 PM
    Hi Bryando,

It might be better for you to post on the main Pension forum as this sub forum is hardly looked at or indeed responded to. As for your question, yes, when you work for new employer, you will generally have another pension pot to pay into (depending on the nature of the employer of c).
    • LHW99
    • By LHW99 11th Apr 17, 10:11 PM
    • 711 Posts
    • 531 Thanks
    LHW99
    • 11th Apr 17, 10:11 PM
    • 11th Apr 17, 10:11 PM
    However it appears NEST now allows transfers out, so your fund could be transferred either into a new employers scheme when you move, if allowed, or into a stand alone personal pension.
    • Bryando
    • By Bryando 14th Apr 17, 10:57 PM
    • 1,433 Posts
    • 420 Thanks
    Bryando
    • 14th Apr 17, 10:57 PM
    • 14th Apr 17, 10:57 PM
    Then surely if I have one pot but need to set up another its only worth opening a pot if staying with the same empoyer?
    • JoeCrystal
    • By JoeCrystal 19th Apr 17, 8:29 AM
    • 1,207 Posts
    • 671 Thanks
    JoeCrystal
    • 19th Apr 17, 8:29 AM
    • 19th Apr 17, 8:29 AM
    There is nothing wrong with having many pots, what counts are the total value of the pots. I am assuming that your employer contribute into this pension pot, if so, then you will be a fool not to take advantage of free money.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

194Posts Today

1,215Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just leaving Manchester after the funeral of my beloved grandma Gladys who passed away last night. https://t.co/nuC9ry5mP6

• The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Follow Martin