Towel & Teatowel experts

Options
I am reaching out to anyone who can help me purchase towels & tea towels please.

I have spent years buying cheap tea towels and bath towels and finally I have had enough.

Fed up of repurchasing towels that forever shed bits, tea towels that are either too soft or too hard and towels that fade.

Can anyone recommend some good tea towels & bath towels please?

Comments

• Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,680 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    John Lewis - even their cheapest are excellent and wash well.
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    For tea towels I just buy the cheap Ikea ones, something like £1.50 for 4. They do shrink a little and are firm out of the wash but still last pretty well and £1.50 a year isn't anything awful as they get replaced once stained.
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've still got a heap I bought from the Pound Shop back in 2001, they are used very often, I go through about one a day and wash them all once a week if not more. I have not had any shred or fall apart on me yet. I can't speak for those made today but assuming it's not the way you use or wash them, look for 100% cotton and thicker rather than thinner.
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I buy mine from TKMax. Some lovely bath towels.
  • LuxuryWoman
    LuxuryWoman Posts: 156 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    After reading a lot of reviews I just bought Wilko 'best' towels and they are wonderful, very well priced but absolute hotel quality - and I'm picky. Why don't you buy a facecloth (£1) and see what you think before committing? They are sumptuous though! I also have Sainsbury's Egyptian cotton towels and agaon, very good indeed and of course you can just buy a flannel again to test.
  • fitnessguy1
    Options
    i am fed up with my current tea towels. they are okay, but it twice the time to dry dishes than with a good quality tea towel. any good recommendations of stores which sell inexpensive, but quality tea towels?
  • Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,680 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Look down a couple of questions and you'll find suggestions: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5614481
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure