Drawing/Drafting table - what to look out for

Options
Hi

I'm looking to buy my daughter a drafting table as she spends most of her time drawing and has done for several years.
The type of thing I'm thinking is the bar across the bottom at the front would stop you getting close or a drawer underneath could be a pain on the knees. What would be the best way to keep art supplies handy? If there are certain styles that are not stable?
We have spoken about a glass top so she can practice anime.

So what should I look out for?

Comments

• Lisbon
    Lisbon Posts: 415 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Google on 'glass desk' (not table) and you'll get loads of ideas to suit all budgets. Much depends on how much space you have, the size she prefers etc - but desks rather than tables won't have any of the bar/drawer issues you are concerned about.

A plastic tower storage unit (drawers) on wheels should provide all the storage she needs. Tesco sells them from about £15; ditto IKEA, Wilko...
  • busybee100
    busybee100 Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Lisbon
    Desk gives me flat surfaces where I was thinking an angle might be better for someone drawing for long periods. We've lots of space and not really limited for budget. I just don't want to waste money or make a bad choice as I imagine a lot of these things are subjective.
    I thought we had quite a few artists on MSE as I've seen various pens suggested previously. Maybe I ought to try an art forum.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure