E: 23/01 Win A Share of 1 Million Nectar Points Weekly (FB)

Options
diddlydoop
diddlydoop Posts: 5,292 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
edited 11 January 2017 at 6:47PM in Game over
https://www.facebook.com/nectar/app/183779631825934/

Need help with the answer and the terms have confused me a bit

Just to add I am not sure if the pictures of the apple etc are the clues (it says the image above but the apple and other things are on the side) or if they mean the photo on the post here
https://www.facebook.com/nectar/posts/10155091894503706

People on the post have commented with Crusoes Secret Island as the answer but I am not sure exactly what they want

Comments

• mummyfrugal
    Options
    I think its New York
    Logic will get you from A to B but imagination can take you anywhere!
    Being honest may not get get you a lot of friends - but it will get you the right ones.
    Let your past make you better, not bitter.
  • ANGELWINGS
    ANGELWINGS Posts: 2,838 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thank you for posting
    A Nectar card is required for this comp
    The prize draw is open to people in the UK aged over 18 except employees of Aimia Coalition Loyalty UK Ltd, or anyone else connected with the promotion.
    Entries to the prize draw can be made by correctly answering the question and entering their first name and surname, along with their Nectar card number.
    The prize on offer is a share of 1 million Nectar points. The first 1 million people who guess correctly and input their name and correct Nectar card-holder number will be awarded their share of the prize by 23 January 2017. [There is a prize cap which only allows the first 1 million people who answer correctly to be awarded a share, i.e 1 point each if 1 million people answer correctly or 1 million points if only one person answers correctly.]
    This competition launches on the 11th January 2017 at 12pm and ends on Friday 13th 2017 at 12pm.
    Entrants to the competition can check if they have won by visiting the Nectar app and checking their balance, or logging into their account online on nectar.com by 20th January.
    Only the first 1 million people who answer correctly will win a share of the 1 million Nectar points on offer as a prize. You must enter your correct personal details which include your Nectar card number and name in order to be awarded the points to your Nectar balance.
    Entries must not contain any offensive or abusive content. Any entries deemed by Nectar to contain offensive or abusive content will be deleted and disqualified from entry. Nectar also reserves the right to ban the user from the Nectar accounts for not adhering to the guidelines
    The results of the prize draw are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Prizes are non-transferable.
    This competition is in no way endorsed or affiliated with Facebook.
    The winner must be prepared to take part in all publicity related to the promotion. The winner’s name and entry may appear on the Nectar social channels.
    There is no cash or alternative to the prizes stated, and the prizes are non-transferable.
    Any data collected will be held by Nectar in accordance with its privacy policy.
    Promoter: Aimia Coalition Loyalty UK Limited of 80 Strand, London, WC2R0NN.
    By entering this competition, you warrant that you own all intellectual property rights that exist in your entry and that no person, or other property is featured for which you have not obtained the consent of the person who owns the rights to that material.
    Details of the prize winners can be obtained for a period of 6 weeks following the determining of the winning entries by sending a SAE to Nectar Travel Facebook promotion, Aimia Coalition Loyalty UK Ltd, 6 Floor, 80 Strand, London, WC2R 0NN.
    Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • stefalfie11
    Options
    I think its New York

I agree with mummyfrugal, I think its New York and that the other items are clues e.g. the apple represents NY being called the big apple, the ape on the t-shirt could be a representation of king kong who was taken to NY to be the 8th world wonder.... or maybe i'm just overthinking this a lot :p
  • muppet150
    muppet150 Posts: 420 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Fully agree with New York
    New start.... positive vibes
  • One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,664 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The picture on the ipad is Gapstow Bridge in Central Park, New York (although they have flipped the image).
  • 2013yearofthehouse
    2013yearofthehouse Posts: 3,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 12 January 2017 at 4:15PM
    Options
    According to T&Cs the current competition (week 1) runs from 11/01 at 12pm to 13/01 at 12pm, with points awarded 20/01 [although I suspect it's a typo and they meant 23/01].

The countdown suggests that week 2 starts at 00:01 (12am) on 18/01 [so it might end 20/01???] and points awarded 23/01.
  • EP1974
    Options
    this one seems to have closed 13/1/2017
  • cornishpasty1
    cornishpasty1 Posts: 27,908 Forumite
    Options
    Nectar 17 hrs ·

Tomorrow, we launch another travel competition quiz. We're giving away a million points! Did you guess correctly last week? Only time will tell....

Check your balance by 23 Jan 1f642.png
    #StaySafe
    Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy New Year
  • One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,664 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 January 2017 at 1:35PM
    Options
    Comp #2 - This competition launches on the 18th January 2017 at 12pm and ends on Friday 20th 2017 at 12pm.

https://www.facebook.com/nectar/app/183779631825934/

My answer based on THIS = Oxford

413087522.jpg
  • 2013yearofthehouse
    2013yearofthehouse Posts: 3,060 Forumite
    edited 24 January 2017 at 5:48PM
    Options
    Week 1 - open 11/01 12pm to 13/01 12pm with points awarded by 23/01
    Week 2 - open 18/01 12pm to 20/01 12pm with points awarded by 30/01

So looks like (judging by timer and past weeks).....
    Week 3 - open 25/01 12pm to 27/01 12pm with points awarded by 06/02

Could the end date be extended, please?
    Thank you :)

EDIT: slight change this week: T&Cs says opens 25/01 at 12pm and ends 29/01 at midnight with points awarded by 10/02
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure