Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Becles
    • By Becles 1st Jan 17, 9:14 PM
    • 12,850Posts
    • 26,051Thanks
    Becles
    Swagbucking into 2017
    • 1st Jan 17, 9:14 PM
    Swagbucking into 2017 1st Jan 17 at 9:14 PM
    Welcome to the new thread.

Newbies: please see the detailed information in this thread which explains how Swagbucks works and how you can make the best from it.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5581051
    Last edited by Becles; 05-01-2017 at 8:24 AM.
    Here I go again on my own....
Page 309
    • Bobbybun
    • By Bobbybun 16th Sep 17, 6:28 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    Bobbybun
    There's a shoes one on the home page. It's for 1015SB but it's 15SB for answering a very short quiz on their site and 1000SB for buying the shoes. I really don't recommend buying the shoes as it is a subscription thing but the quiz is very fast, free and pays immediately. You do have to put in an email address and maybe another few details but you don't need to be able to confirm any of it.
    Originally posted by Throwaway1
    Just completed JustFab shoes and yes, it is easy and credits 15SB immediately.
    Thank you. I didn't even need to tick off discover today, just thought I would complete it incase it disappears.
    • andrewsummers
    • By andrewsummers 16th Sep 17, 7:05 PM
    • 242 Posts
    • 337 Thanks
    andrewsummers
    The vast majority of the surveys are not worth the bother compared with doing them direct, without even counting the fail to pays and screenouts when almost complete.

Swagbucks has paid me about £800, top earners are Mobilewatch/Toolbar tv with £210, survey completes £160 searching £100, monthly bonuses/spin and wins £95, ncrave £65 and bits from games, swagcodes, discover etc.

I also have around £4,000 from survey sites directly and nearly £19,000 from competition wins, I haven't been doing swagbucks as long but it's going to have to go some to catch up.
    Originally posted by mjm3346
    wow! How have you managed to earn £19,000 from competitions and what did you win? if you don't mind me asking
    • stormjonno
    • By stormjonno 16th Sep 17, 7:23 PM
    • 233 Posts
    • 1,803 Thanks
    stormjonno
    Enter tvhead2head in the code box on the homepage before 8.30pm for 3 SB...
    • fraserbooks
    • By fraserbooks 16th Sep 17, 7:52 PM
    • 244 Posts
    • 5,400 Thanks
    fraserbooks
    I saw a blog Swagbucks is due to pass the 200 million dollar given away Mark on Tuesday and that Tuesday wil be very rewarding. I hope to hear more ...
    • Emmaaar22
    • By Emmaaar22 16th Sep 17, 8:18 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 407 Thanks
    Emmaaar22
    I saw a blog Swagbucks is due to pass the 200 million dollar given away Mark on Tuesday and that Tuesday wil be very rewarding. I hope to hear more ...
    Originally posted by fraserbooks
    Have you got a link to this blog?
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 16th Sep 17, 8:30 PM
    • 34,483 Posts
    • 222,187 Thanks
    mjm3346
    wow! How have you managed to earn £19,000 from competitions and what did you win? if you don't mind me asking
    Originally posted by andrewsummers

Mostly from competitions posted on the MSE competition forum (just got a bit bored with it so having a bit of a play with swagbucks)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72

Biggest win was an ITV competition then there have been several others into 4 figures, over 20 between £100 and £999 and 500 plus smaller ones - Cash/vouchers account for well over half the total and apart from a fitness tracker watch (don't remember entering the competition) all the physical prizes have been useful ones.
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 16th Sep 17, 9:11 PM
    • 34,483 Posts
    • 222,187 Thanks
    mjm3346
    Have you got a link to this blog?
    Originally posted by Emmaaar22
    They have had this on the site for a few days (USA), although they haven't updated the expiry dates

http://blog.swagbucks.com/2017/09/mygiftcardsplus-200-million-celebration-sale.html

the post below is on numerous blogs obviously sent out by Swagbucks

http://chachingonashoestring.com/2017/09/08/swagbucks-200000000-swago-plus-spin-win/
    Last edited by mjm3346; 16-09-2017 at 9:14 PM.
    • Happygreen
    • By Happygreen 16th Sep 17, 9:39 PM
    • 2,458 Posts
    • 9,772 Thanks
    Happygreen
    I just found a SwagUp that doesn't make sense to me, EntertainNow 50 SB - what is it? Thanks
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 16th Sep 17, 11:22 PM
    • 34,483 Posts
    • 222,187 Thanks
    mjm3346
    I just found a SwagUp that doesn't make sense to me, EntertainNow 50 SB - what is it? Thanks
    Originally posted by Happygreen
    Don't know but someone else got one as well

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=73131678&postcount=6148

I just had a little suprise.

Other: EntertaiNow 50 SB Bonus

Anyone else has this? I checked with my referral but they didn't have it.
    The only 50 swagup on the spin & win was for a giftcard purchase
    • Bobbybun
    • By Bobbybun 17th Sep 17, 7:14 AM
    • 40 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    Bobbybun
    Originally posted by Happygreen
    I have got one too

My husband's account didn't receive it - I checked.

The difference between our accounts is that mine does not gain SB from EntertainNow on the mobile phone but my husband's does. Perhaps it's an incentive to download EntertainNow? I would but my phone can't run it..
    • RaspBerry
    • By RaspBerry 17th Sep 17, 9:00 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    RaspBerry
    The difference between our accounts is that mine does not gain SB from EntertainNow on the mobile phone but my husband's does. Perhaps it's an incentive to download EntertainNow? I would but my phone can't run it..
    Originally posted by Bobbybun
    Thank you. My partner cannot run EntertainNow on his phone. He has just checked and found the Swagup.

EDIT TO ADD: This note is attached:
    Earn a 50 SB Bonus when you earn SB from EntertaiNow before 9/26/2017
    Last edited by RaspBerry; 17-09-2017 at 9:05 AM.
    • Boodedoo
    • By Boodedoo 17th Sep 17, 9:16 AM
    • 261 Posts
    • 779 Thanks
    Boodedoo
    I have got one too

On your OHs phone, sign out of EntertainNow from his log in, sign into your account and run it then you should get the swagup. Once you have it you can sign out and he can sign back in again. Should work
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 17th Sep 17, 10:38 AM
    • 34,483 Posts
    • 222,187 Thanks
    mjm3346
    On Swagbucks then coming to this thread got 14 sb for searching for it instead of using a bookmark (which I now will use for other visits today)
    • minimadtrix
    • By minimadtrix 17th Sep 17, 11:24 AM
    • 1,006 Posts
    • 6,054 Thanks
    minimadtrix
    On Swagbucks then coming to this thread got 14 sb for searching for it instead of using a bookmark (which I now will use for other visits today)
    Originally posted by mjm3346
    Thank you. I just did the same and got 9SB
    • zugzwang
    • By zugzwang 17th Sep 17, 11:58 AM
    • 430 Posts
    • 1,135 Thanks
    zugzwang
    On your OHs phone, sign out of EntertainNow from his log in, sign into your account and run it then you should get the swagup. Once you have it you can sign out and he can sign back in again. Should work
    Originally posted by Boodedoo
    Multiple accounts per household are allowed of course.

But two swagbucks accounts on one phone? Does anyone here do this?

Aren't they likely to flag your account as someone with two accounts and ban both accounts?

Otherwise, in theory Bobbybun could run the mobile apps every day on OH phone after he's run them-potentially for another 140SB per day.
    • Happygreen
    • By Happygreen 17th Sep 17, 12:04 PM
    • 2,458 Posts
    • 9,772 Thanks
    Happygreen
    I have got one too

I've never used or seen EntertainNow before, no idea even where to find it on SB. Maybe the SwagUp is an incentive to ?
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
    • fraserbooks
    • By fraserbooks 17th Sep 17, 12:08 PM
    • 244 Posts
    • 5,400 Thanks
    fraserbooks
    I got the 50 SB from entertain now by watching videos from my tablet not my mobile phone. I had no idea I had a swagup until I suddenly got the extra points. It does not count towards the daily total unfortunately.
    • Boodedoo
    • By Boodedoo 17th Sep 17, 12:14 PM
    • 261 Posts
    • 779 Thanks
    Boodedoo
    Multiple accounts per household are allowed of course.

But two swagbucks accounts on one phone? Does anyone here do this?

Aren't they likely to flag your account as someone with two accounts and ban both accounts?

Otherwise, in theory Bobbybun could run the mobile apps every day on OH phone after he's run them-potentially for another 140SB per day.
    Originally posted by zugzwang
    As long as its not simultaneous (which wouldn't be possible) I can't see either why it would be a problem or how SB would know. We share a computer here, we each sign in/out of our accounts when we have done what we are going to and if the other person is free and in the mood they would sign in and use it. I really can't see a problem with it.We aren't doing it at simultaneously just using the same hardware consecutively.

to run 2 double loads of phone apps consecutively would take some doing - timewise, but yes I would think it would be okay with SB.
    • zugzwang
    • By zugzwang 17th Sep 17, 1:36 PM
    • 430 Posts
    • 1,135 Thanks
    zugzwang
    As long as its not simultaneous (which wouldn't be possible) I can't see either why it would be a problem or how SB would know. We share a computer here, we each sign in/out of our accounts when we have done what we are going to and if the other person is free and in the mood they would sign in and use it. I really can't see a problem with it.We aren't doing it at simultaneously just using the same hardware consecutively.

to run 2 double loads of phone apps consecutively would take some doing - timewise, but yes I would think it would be okay with SB.
    Originally posted by Boodedoo
    I think Swagbucks would know if the same phone is used to access two accounts because the apps have permissions to determine the phone number, wi fi address, device id etc. I think the apps have this permission to identify the phone precisely because they want to detect people who try to run multiple accounts.

As you say, many people share a pc.But video watch optons on the pc arent limited really. You wouldn't gain much in being able to watch more videos on the pc by having multiple accounts. They say you are limited to earning 500SB per day on watch, but cant say Ive ever managed that.

Apps are more strict. 10SB per app twice a day. But with two accounts the phone is earning up to 280 SB per day. Suspicious? They ban people for suspicious behaviour.

However, nothing in rules against sharing a phone, so probably fine I guess.
    • Throwaway1
    • By Throwaway1 17th Sep 17, 2:05 PM
    • 117 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    Throwaway1
    I think Swagbucks would know if the same phone is used to access two accounts because the apps have permissions to determine the phone number, wi fi address, device id etc. I think the apps have this permission to identify the phone precisely because they want to detect people who try to run multiple accounts.

As you say, many people share a pc.But video watch optons on the pc arent limited really. You wouldn't gain much in being able to watch more videos on the pc by having multiple accounts. They say you are limited to earning 500SB per day on watch, but cant say Ive ever managed that.

Apps are more strict. 10SB per app twice a day. But with two accounts the phone is earning up to 280 SB per day. Suspicious? They ban people for suspicious behaviour.

However, nothing in rules against sharing a phone, so probably fine I guess.
    Originally posted by zugzwang
    My husband and I have been using the same phone for over a year. I don't have a smartphone so there's no other way for me to run the apps. Never had a problem with it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

394Posts Today

3,894Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin