Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • juno46
    • By juno46 18th Oct 16, 8:23 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    juno46
    legal position
    • 18th Oct 16, 8:23 PM
    legal position 18th Oct 16 at 8:23 PM
    my name is on a joint mortgage with ex husband. my salary was never taken into consideration in the mortgage application. can i apply for a mortgage in my own right before this house is sold? I am requesting guidance under scottish law
Page 1
    • AnotherJoe
    • By AnotherJoe 18th Oct 16, 8:41 PM
    • 4,148 Posts
    • 4,175 Thanks
    AnotherJoe
    • 18th Oct 16, 8:41 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 8:41 PM
    Whilst I don't know sccottish law I find it hard to believe there is a law against someone having two mortgages !
    What's more to the point is, will a lender deem you earn sufficient to repay it. The fact your salary wasn't taken into account will be neither here nor there, you are still liable to pay it.
    • Pixie5740
    • By Pixie5740 18th Oct 16, 8:52 PM
    • 8,861 Posts
    • 11,880 Thanks
    Pixie5740
    • 18th Oct 16, 8:52 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 8:52 PM
    If you can meet affordability for both mortgages then you can have both mortgages. However, an additional 3% LBTT will be due on the purchase of the new property.
    Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds nought and six, result misery.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

731Posts Today

5,708Users online

Martin's Twitter