Another Waitrose change (newspapers), following the coffee changes

Doc_N
Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
edited 25 October 2016 at 4:47PM in Gone off!
£10 minimum spend weekdays too now - Waitrose/John Lewis are facing hard times now that we've all discovered how low the prices are at Aldi (40% lower than Waitrose, frequently), and how good the quality is! :)

"We just wanted to make you aware of a small change to your myWaitrose benefits.

From 1 November 2016, the minimum spend to receive money off your shopping with selected newspapers from Monday to Friday will be £10. It will remain £10 at weekends as it is now.

The titles included in the offer are The Telegraph, the Guardian, the Daily Mail, The Times and The Sun as well as The Sunday Telegraph, The Observer, The Sunday Times, The Mail on Sunday and the Sun on Sunday.

We would like to thank you in advance for your understanding. Please do not hesitate to ask a member of staff at your local Waitrose if you have any questions."

Official MoneySavingExpert insert Tue 25 Oct: Waitrose has confirmed that the minimum spend for its ‘free’ newspaper offer will be increasing from £5 on weekdays to £10 from Tue 1 Nov. At weekends, the minimum spend is already £10 and won’t be changing. There’s a £60 minimum spend for purchases made online.

Newspapers included in the offer are The Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Telegraph, Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday, Scottish Daily Mail, Scottish Mail on Sunday, The Guardian, The Observer, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, Sun on Sunday and Scottish Sun on Sunday.

For full information on this offer, see our Waitrose deals page.

Big thanks to Doc N for the spot!
[purplesignup][/purplesignup]

Comments

• jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I'm guessing this is also due to the cost of the papers going up. When Waitrose started the offer it was probably a £1 for most broadsheets, now its closer to £2.
  • Smidster
    Smidster Posts: 519 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My guess is that is more a reaction to increased costs I know JL / WR will have been less affected than some by changes to the minimum wage but costs are going up across the board (well done us!) and the retailers will be keen to avoid increasing prices for as long as they possibly can therefore it is the perks which will quietly go away.

That said I think JL will continue to do pretty well - I work near the Victoria Gate development in Leeds which opens tomorrow and they have certainly made a big investment - personally I don't see where the customers are going to come from but wish them well.
  • the pay in waitrose is low not so bad in jl though what they will do is perks will go bonus will reduce for extra wages
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure