Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Beaujolais7
    • By Beaujolais7 17th Oct 16, 9:53 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Beaujolais7
    Bad credit help
    • 17th Oct 16, 9:53 AM
    Bad credit help 17th Oct 16 at 9:53 AM
    Hello

I have a bad credit score 511, and 2 defaults, which is'nt good, i know. I was made redundant just over 2 years ago, I had mortgage insurance so that was covered, I had a loan which I kept up payments with, and 3 credit cards who I got in contact with and explained my situation and where very helpful. I was unemployed for a few months did a start your own business scheme via the jobcentre for a couple of months then a great job appeared and I got it. I've been in the job 2 years fulltime and paying of my credit cards, finished my loan payments, never missed mortgage or credit payments, and am better off than I have been in years, after sorting my money out.
    But my car has died and I need a loan, i have some savings but not enough to buy a decent car (would like a safe family car) the problem being I have 2 defaults from credit cards. Is there any chance I could get a loan of £2000, I have done the sums and I can budget £150-200 a month, but without it being a crazy interest loan.

Regards
Page 1
    • Pixie5740
    • By Pixie5740 17th Oct 16, 9:58 AM
    • 8,864 Posts
    • 11,883 Thanks
    Pixie5740
    • 17th Oct 16, 9:58 AM
    • 17th Oct 16, 9:58 AM
    There's no such thing as a universal credit score. That 511 is just a marketing tool from one of the credit reference agencies (none of which lend money I might add), not lender can see it never mind use it.

The cheapest way to borrow £2k will probably be a money transfer credit card. You can try the MSE Credit Card Eligibility Calculator to find out how likely you are to be accepted for one.
    Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds nought and six, result misery.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

611Posts Today

3,658Users online

Martin's Twitter