Homelet referencing after BR

Hi Folks, I've not posted anything on here in years but I have been lurking and reading all the posts. We went BR in April 2010 and had brilliant advice from everyone on here.

Anyway, we are now in the position to rent our own home again after living with my Mum for the past 6 years. The house we have been offered is our dream home.

The reason for this post is to reassure people who are looking to rent and have to be credit checked with Homelet.....We honestly thought we would never stand a chance but last night we got the good news that we had passed and we are allowed to rent our dream home!!!!:j

It was a very tense time and we handed over the £180 really thinking negative that we would never pass the dreaded credit check after going BR and unfortunately still having CCJS on our file. We've stupidly not even done the credit file clean up since our BR. We went BR in April 2010 and were discharged 3 months after..... Obviously now it has been over 6 years so it no longer shows up on our credit files.

We filled the online Homelet forms in late Tuesday night, our employers rang our references through yesterday (Wednesday) and we got the good news last night at 8.45 pm that we had been accepted. We were so negative that we wouldn't get it due to our extremely poor credit. Our scores are very low but it still came back as satisfactory.

So anyone who is going through the same, stay positive!!!!! We got through it so anyone can as long as there is decent employment history which thankfully my husband and I have....both been in same jobs for over 20 years.

Good luck to anyone in the same situation.....:T

Comments

• That's fantastic! Well done you. I am an ex-Letting Agent so know how tough the referencing can be and most people think they won't pass. Best of luck in your new home, onwards and upwards!
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Were the CCJ's put on after your BR?

Well done on getting the house you wanted.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi horseypony

That is great news re: the let, and what I am about to bring up may not be a huge priority for you at present, but if there are still lingering CCJs showing on your report for debts that were part of your bankruptcy, you should still endeavour to get them amended and removed now. I would hate to see inaccurately recorded data cause you any headaches in the future.

Dennis
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure