Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Snakey
    • By Snakey 22nd Sep 16, 7:50 AM
    • 866Posts
    • 1,079Thanks
    Snakey
    IPSOS survey I did yesterday
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:50 AM
    IPSOS survey I did yesterday 22nd Sep 16 at 7:50 AM
    I'm not normally a precious snowflake, but I found myself doing a questionnaire last night that wanted me to rank e.g. Spanish, French, Greeks etc according to how good in bed they are (seriously!), how attractive they are, how rude they are, how educated they are... pages and pages of the stuff, basically nothing more than horrible national stereotypes. There wasn't an option for "not applicable" or "don't know" or "WTF are you trying to achieve here??" - everything had to be given a score.

By the time I got to this part I'd answered enough questions to feel quite invested in wanting the points, so I went through giving every nationality the exact same score, and had a good old rant in the comments box at the end, no idea if anyone at Ipsos ever reads that.

Has anyone else had this survey? What did you think of being forced to stereotype whole countries like that? I mean suppose they'd said "black people, Asian people, white people" and so on - it's no different, to my mind.

I hate the idea that my answers might be used to help give credence to what will no doubt end up as some dodgy statistics used for God knows what purpose. Will I be one of the "a survey of 10,000 people found that Brits consider Spaniards to be lazy" just because somebody else answering the survey is a bigoted scuzzball?

And that's without even starting on the terribly loaded questions about animal welfare that followed it.
Page 1
    • aife
    • By aife 23rd Sep 16, 8:29 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    aife
    • 23rd Sep 16, 8:29 PM
    • 23rd Sep 16, 8:29 PM
    All I ever get from ipsos is "name all the detergents you can think of " or "how close do you feel to this brand" ...
    • nicter
    • By nicter 23rd Sep 16, 8:51 PM
    • 237 Posts
    • 254 Thanks
    nicter
    • 23rd Sep 16, 8:51 PM
    survey
    • 23rd Sep 16, 8:51 PM
    nope never had that survey . most of mine are very dull and repetitive,
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,495Posts Today

6,687Users online

Martin's Twitter