Free Teaching Maps from Ordnance Survey

Options
For teaching groups and art projects only! not for collectors.

We can’t endorse the maps being used for navigating around Britain, as we always recommend using the latest maps to be safe in the outdoors. But – we can recommend using the maps to teach map reading and navigations skills and to use for practice. With this in mind, we’ve already send boxes out to some Scout groups and navigation classes for use in teaching.

If your Scout group or navigation class would like a box of maps, contact us. The boxes will contain a random selection of relatively recent and useable maps for teaching navigation skills. We can’t guarantee any particular areas will be included in the boxes.

We’ve also heard from people who like to use maps for art projects and other purposes. We’re more than happy to support this and see the maps being reused. If you would like a box of older maps to use in this way, contact us. As before, we can’t guarantee any particular areas, it will be a random selection of maps.

Ordnance Survey Blog

Contact address: customerservices@os.uk

Comments

• kingfisherblue
    Options
    Thanks Torbrex, I'm going to request some maps to teach my Brownies map reading. It seems to be a dying skill - too much reliance on satnavs perhaps? I can share the maps with Guides as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure