Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

Options
I have been using Liz Earles C+P for years now. But it doesnt seem so good now. I am using it but my face doesnt feel clean and if I use the skin tonic after I can see make up and dirt on the pad :o

Has anyone else found this ? I must say I am really disapointed after using it for years its really not what it used to be :(

Or is it just me

Mav x

Debt free and Mortgage free thank you to all for your encouragement and advice
:j
Crazy Clothes challenge £300/£48 and 5 months /0 without spending :T

Comments

• chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I haven't used it for about 5 years (I only stopped as I couldn't afford it after having children) but I know they changed the formula and it changed the consistency.

There are lots of alternative hot cloth cleansers on the market, so is worth giving something else a try.
  • GBNI
    GBNI Posts: 576 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I stopped using it as it started breaking my skin out. I have started using Superdrugs own version without any issues, it leaves my skin glowing.
  • Another vote for the Superdrug cleanser, smells lovely and leaves your skin really clean.

I also like the REN cleanser from M&S and their Pure hot cloth cleanser. All of these are cheaper that C&P and just as good in my opinion.

I tend to buy which ever of these is on a good offer and none of them upset my skin.

At the moment though I am using SBC 3 in 1 collegan cleanser which I got as part of a TSV, It's great but not much of a fragrance.
    REPAYMENT PLAN
    Barclaycard £6700 0% repaying at £300 pm
    LOAN [STRIKE]£14000[/STRIKE] £9352 - DFD September 2022
  • mavvymoo
    mavvymoo Posts: 2,152 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Thanks all

Will try some of the others recommended and stop buying Liz Earle as I am really not happy with the batch I have got.
    Such a shame as I used to love it :(

Mav x

• starrystarry
    Options
    Another vote for the Superdrug ones here, especially the Vitamin E one.

The Vit E one is currently buy one get one half price and the Naturally Radiant one is better than half price at £2.95. You could get 3 or 4 of those for the price of one C&P.
  • MysteriousMaya
    Options
    I would recommend giving the Organic Surge Hot Cloth Cleanser a go. It works really well for me.
  • lovehackney
    Options
    Not very money saving but I find Emma Hardie Moringa cleansing balm to be the best cleanser I have tried.
    Different texture to C+P (balm rather than cream), seems to really get all the make up off and smells great but not like perfume if that makes sense.

I have used REN products and they are okay but not in the same league IMO
  • tanya2014
    Options
    I live Loccitane Cleansing Milk
    Its gorgeous!!!
  • jetplane
    jetplane Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 16 September 2015 at 9:25PM
    Options
    I found the C&P was making my face red. Sometime ago I switched to Lancome gel !clat it is £22.50 for 125ml but you really do only need a tiny amount like a tiny pea size it is creamy and it cleans so well, washes off. You need to tone afterwards for moisture but it last forever so is well worth the money. Check the reviews and ask for a sample :)
    The most potent weapon of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed. Steve Biko
  • mavvymoo
    mavvymoo Posts: 2,152 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Well I have loads of other hot cloth cleansers to try now. Glad its just not me thinking that liz Earle C+P is not as good as it once was :(
    Thanks everyone for your imput and heres to trying some new and recommended new ones :D

Mav x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family