Is there a new TAKE A BREAK thread

Options
The old one seems to be in Game Over, with no mention of a new thread been posted

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=4870437
Yes, I know there is no "R" in the word dream in my username - it was setup in memory of my grandson :A

Comments

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,939 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 19 July 2015 at 10:30AM
    Options
    Don't think so, might have been expired because someone posted "Still not working" for one of them - same as one of the dailies that had many weeks to run that went to GO when one of the days was pulled.

This was "expired" because of the reaction to post #58 and had to be brought back

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5267280&page=3
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,856 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I've sent one-eye a pm to let them know & will pm Glad to
    request it being bought back to live board unless one-eye may make a new thread.
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,665 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the PMs.

There won't be a new thread for a few months yet.

When a new one is created there will be a clear notice on the end of the old thread which will then be locked to prevent further posts.

We seem to be getting a lot of misuse of the "expired" button recently and I don't know if this is deliberate or down to ignorance. If it continues we will need to ask for procedures to be tightened up.
  • womble_lancs
    womble_lancs Posts: 336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 19 July 2015 at 10:06PM
    Options
    I've accidentally clicked 'expired' on a couple of posts recently, but have always clicked 'not expired' immediately afterwards.

It's happening a lot more since the forum re-design, because the buttons are different. When you click 'thanks', the 'thanks' button gets wider and moves all the other buttons to the right, so it's pushed the 'expired button' into the space where the tick was and if, like, me, you're quite a fast clicker, it's easy to click on the wrong one. Sorry if that doesn't make much sense, but if you click on the 'thanks' button and watch what happens, you'll see what I mean. I've found it's far more pronounced when using an iPad than it is on the computer. If you click the tick first and then thanks, then it's easier to avoid. Perhaps if the designers could include a popup to say "are you sure you want to mark this thread as expired?", it might stop it happening more often. (Or people like me could try to be more careful, LOL)
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,939 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've accidentally clicked 'expired' on a couple of posts recently, but have always clicked 'not expired' immediately afterwards.

It's happening a lot more since the forum re-design, because the buttons are different. When you click 'thanks', the 'thanks' button gets wider and moves all the other buttons to the right, so it's pushed the 'expired button' into the space where the tick was and if, like, me, you're quite a fast clicker, it's easy to click on the wrong one. Sorry if that doesn't make much sense, but if you click on the 'thanks' button and watch what happens, you'll see what I mean. I've found it's far more pronounced when using an iPad than it is on the computer. If you click the tick first and then thanks, then it's easier to avoid. Perhaps if the designers could include a popup to say "are you sure you want to mark this thread as expired?", it might stop it happening more often. (Or people like me could try to be more careful, LOL)

As long as you click "not expired" that undoes the expired so there is no effect to the thread (if your click is the one that moves a post to game over it will move back when "not expired")
  • emmamed
    emmamed Posts: 813 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    do these not get posted on the main board too? if so they can just be searched
    (sorry if I wrong)
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,856 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    emmamed wrote: »
    do these not get posted on the main board too? if so they can just be searched
    (sorry if I wrong)

hi, yes, they are posted on the main board..

Take a Break Puzzle Magazines - regularly updated (multipage.gif1 2 3 ... Last Page)

& are in the sticky
    Sticky: NEW COMPERS PLEASE READ - Competition Board - useful links

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=64719861&postcount=3

& they can be searched by usually typing the title of the magazine in though search on here can be a bit iffy sometimes
    :)
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure