Favour ideas

Options
I'm still not sure I want to do favours, but the only thing I've seen is love hearts or maybe charity pins, but most seem quite expensive.

What have others done as favours as at the moment, my mind is blank and I cannot think...is there anything that really worked or if you went to a wedding thought oooh that was a nice idea?

Thanks in advance :D
Wins for 2022: Hydratem8 Water bottle, diary, flowers, Good food show tickets, childrens books x3,
Thanks to all who post the comps & please let the comping fairy sprinkle dust on my entries!

Comments

• flizzy
    flizzy Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    One wedding I went to they filled jam jars with pic n mix sweets. Another one they bought keyrings for the girls and bottle openers for the guys. Disposable cameras on tables is a fun idea but they're not exactly favours. Packets of seeds of your favourite flowers for guests to plant in their gardens is a cute idea I've heard about.
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Not quite the same - but for my parents 50th wedding Anniversay I did the small love heart packets - but did the outer layer myself - but if trial and error but I based it on a spreadsheet with the date of their marriage - there names and 50 yrs - saved a few quid rather than buying them as a finished product.

Another thought - kit Kat bars / bars of choc and swop the wrapper for your own design.

The last wedding I went to them did a little plastic box of sweets footbAlls and love hearts.

Depending on your budget - what about mini whisky for gents - soak the labels off and put your own on, ladies you could use a baileys or a small bottle of wine xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Part 2 - can't edit properly on phone - a poem about sharing the day and rolling this with some ribbon x
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • Faith177
    Faith177 Posts: 2,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We had our wedding in Scotland so one of my mums friends made us traditional tablet and I made the boxes and got some personalised ribbon with our names and the date on it.

When our best man got married they had jam jars filled with popcorn and stuck toy animals on the lids and sprayed them all gold. They tried to personalise the animals where they could so our Canadian friend got a goose, another from Scotland got a stag and a couple of the men who were Spurs supports got cockrals
    First Date 08/11/2008, Moved In Together 01/06/2009, Engaged 01/01/10, Wedding Day 27/04/2013, Baby Moshie due 29/06/2019 :T
  • sillyvixen
    sillyvixen Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    i did not have favours - i did have a kids craft tables where the kids could decorate heart shaped boxes and make masks and paper puppets. so as kids could take something away from the wedding - it cost less than favours - and pots and containers matched the theme - it also meant that kids (we had about 15 present) were occupied and quiet for the speeches. Parents loved the idea and were able to listen without having to worry about keeping the kids quiet. my dressmaker - a recently retired playgroup leader loved keeping all the kids busy - by her own admission she misses working with kids, but loves the extra time for sewing.
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    One wedding we went to the bride didn't have any favours and announced, during the speeches, that the money that would have been spent on favours was donated to a charity that dealt with a condition she suffered from - and do you know what, until she mentioned it I hadn't even realised they weren't on the table.

Personally I thought it was nice that she had used the money in a productive way
  • ibizafan_2
    ibizafan_2 Posts: 920 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I did the easy thing and ordered Thorntons' favours. They do a selection of stuff, but we decided on four chocolates, in a pretty box. However, we only needed 30, so it didn't work out too expensive. For the young children, I found a website that had age related activity packs and sweets all nicely packaged to look good on a table.
  • King_Slayer
    King_Slayer Posts: 262 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    For our wedding favours we had the Lindt heart chocolate (which had to be ordered in, think they're normally available at Valentine) wrapped in two toned boxes, for the kids we had an activity wedding theme pack and babies had bride and groom rubber ducky for bath time.
  • Kinski
    Kinski Posts: 874 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    For my daughters wedding we made wrappers for the small packs of love hearts, very easy to do on the computer. I bought stuff from Hobbycraft and made smelly soap which was heart shaped ( moulds bought from poundland) and wrapped in foil, both things were very cheap to do and the guests loved them especially when they were told that we'd done them ourselves.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    We live & married in Blackpool - I bought lots of "Just Married" rock in the wedding colours and put into ivory favour bags.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills