PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Sunday 16th November

Options
redruby
redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
edited 16 November 2014 at 8:13AM in Old style MoneySaving
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine

Morning all,

Up early again as off to work for me dd is there too so will be nice to see her.

OH in charge of domestics again I have got a chicken out for him to cook and he can do the shopping, of he can get them both done it will be a huge help to me.

Mum is continuing to do well, Thanks for all the good wishes, she is happier at home.

Right better get on have good days all xx

Comments

• sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning RR hope your day goes quickly

My darling dad died last night very suddenly , I'm absolutely shattered he was such a gentleman , I will miss him so much . Going down to see my mum today , she lives 130 miles away and her health is poor , my dad looked after her and I'm not sure whats she's going to do. I would like her to move nearer to me and my brother but she is so stubborn I don't think she will
    RIP Dad xxx
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Good morning.

Sistercas I am so sorry for your loss. Have a safe journey to see your Mum.

Much love

Candlelightx
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,092 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    sistercas wrote: »
    Morning RR hope your day goes quickly

My darling dad died last night very suddenly , I'm absolutely shattered he was such a gentleman , I will miss him so much . Going down to see my mum today , she lives 130 miles away and her health is poor , my dad looked after her and I'm not sure whats she's going to do. I would like her to move nearer to me and my brother but she is so stubborn I don't think she will
    RIP Dad xxx

So sorry to read this. Losing a loved one suddenly is just awful. I hope you can work things out.

Bright sunshine here though it's struggling to burn off the fog. Great walking weather. Will I go walking? Not sure.

Did the Oban trip yesterday and got most of what I wanted but forgot the one item I really needed. Old-age-itis strikes again, what my friend calls CRAFT moments ( can't remember a flipping thing...although it's not usually 'flipping').

Hope everyone is doing well.
  • bagpuss38
    Options
    So sorry for your loss sistercas xx
    SIMPLY BE-££577.11:eek:
    Very BNPL - £353.00:o
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    RR thank you for starting today's thread.

Well we are having a day at home today. Whilst DD is still on crutches we try to see her most days, but she lives the other side of the City, so it is about 20 mins each way. She is full of cold at the moment, so yesterday we took her the usual cold medications and made sure she is OK, which she is. She doesn't want us to catch it after the flu type virus we had, so we are staying home today. She knows she only has to phone if she is worried about anything.

We are going to have a lazy day, a nice roast dinner, beef and all the trimmings, I will watch a Christmas film this afternoon whilst Himself snoozes on the sofa, with the cat for company and we will be warm and snug.

Hope you all have a good Sunday

Candlelightx
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,538 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just popping in -

Sistercas - So sorry to hear about you Dad - my thoughts are with you x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Morning all
    Sistercas, so sorry to hear your news, travel safely, I hope you can get things organised for your mum.
    It was a busy day yesterday, my visitor arrived to collect her books, she was pleased with the books, but seemed to be finding life trying at the moment.
    I went to say goodbye to a friend who was leaving the area, only to find that her house sale had fallen through for the 4th time. She has decided to move anyway & rent out her house.
    When I got back from that I made a batch of cheese palms & a tray of chocolate brownies to take with us when we went to visit friends.
    Today I'm cooking roast lamb & will do some tidying up.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • ((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))))) sistercas so sorry about your father. Safe journey.

Very grey, misty morning, have the laundry in the washer but doubtless will have to finish drying it inside. Its going to be a difficult week, I get my eye done on Thursday so at least 2 days out of action.
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    Sistercas so sorry to hear of the loss of your Dad.
    (((((Hugs)))))
    Safe journey to see your Mum xx
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sistercas my condolences for your loss. My thoughts and prayers for you and your family xx
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure