EXPIRED lanson black label champagne £20.00 save £14 at sainsburys

Options
nutty1
nutty1 Posts: 2,204 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
edited 28 October 2014 at 4:43PM in It's gone, but was it any good?
http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/lanson-black-label-brut--non-vintage-75cl
seems a good price

Official MoneySavingExpert insert: This is a corking price for a bottle of Lanson champagne. The cheapest we've seen elsewhere is £33.99 at Tesco. We've contacted Sainsbury's to find out how long the champagne will be discounted for and we'll update you here when we know. Please be Drink Aware.

Thanks to Kathrynt for posting.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• Totality
    Totality Posts: 1,909 Forumite
    Options
    Good price - thanks OP!
  • lisa2310
    lisa2310 Posts: 116 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Do as an online shop and order 3. You can get 20 quid off first order of £60 and over. Making it 40 quid for 3 bottles plus delivery
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Lisa I do like your style!
  • shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lisa2310 wrote: »
    Do as an online shop and order 3. You can get 20 quid off first order of £60 and over. Making it 40 quid for 3 bottles plus delivery

Gutted! Tried this but they won't accept the voucher.

We're sorry, your voucher cannot be applied - please check you have met the required spend.
    A minimum spend on products other than spirits, liqueurs, or wine during any buy 6 save 25% multibuy to the value of the voucher discount is required. Help using vouchers and list of exclusions

It appears that if I want to use the first time voucher of £20 off, I need to spend £20 within my order, of goods other than alcohol :(

When using a promotional money-off voucher the value of the goods other than spirits, liqueurs or wine during a buy 6 save 25% multibuy offer must be at least equal to the money off offered by the promotional voucher.

This is to ensure that your order complies with recent government legislation regarding the sale of alcohol.

To redeem your evoucher you will need to add non-excluded items to your basket to meet the saving indicated on your voucher.

For example, if you have a £5 off £50 voucher, you need to add £5 worth of items that are not on the list of exclusions below:
    Spirits and liqueurs
    Wine during a buy 6 save 25% multibuy offer
    First stage baby formula products
    Tobacco and related products

Oh well, still a bargain for the Champagne.
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • lisa2310
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm sure I used mine on a wine offer previously, but nothing else. Let me check my order history
  • lisa2310
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Ok I ordered some chocolate liqueurs and some biscuits totalling£17 so I must have used the £15 discount code

Still if you are going to get a few bits anyway or even some little Christmas gifts could still be a good deal
  • shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lisa2310 wrote: »
    Ok I ordered some chocolate liqueurs and some biscuits totalling£17 so I must have used the £15 discount code

Still if you are going to get a few bits anyway or even some little Christmas gifts could still be a good deal

I only wanted booze...I've already got my Christmas chocs and treats. Serves me right for being on the ball too early hey lol
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • boglin
    boglin Posts: 430 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks OP and Lisa - I ordered 3 bottles only - did consider buying other stuff but thought I might end up paying £2 to have some silly bits and pieces delivered if the champagne was out of stock. Pleased to say it was in stock and I paid £40 + £2 delivery.:beer:
  • BangBangBoom
    Options
    Lisa you're incredible, what a tip! It worked for me without having to add any food. My family love champagne over Christmas and this means I can do it for a price I'm happy with.
  • lisa2310
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad to help, I wouldn't have commented if I hadn't seen the original post by Kathryn though so it's all thanks to her really x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure