E: 31/12 Win Vax Air Cordless upright vacuum cleaners (FB App - Play Game)

Options
https://www.facebook.com/VaxVacuums/app_1438612459733811

Monthly draws:

10 July 2014 – 31 July 2014
1 August 2014 – 31 August 2014
1 September 2014 – 30 September
1 October 2014 – 31 October 2014
1 November 2014 – 30 November
1 December 2014 – 31 December 2014

At the end of the relevant Prize Draw Period the top 20 scores on the leaderboard will be entered into a Prize Draw. If any score within the top 20 scores is tied then all tied scores will be entered into the Prize Draw.

There is one (1) prize available to be won in each Prize Draw (the “Prize”). Each Prize consists of 1 X Vax Air Cordless upright vacuum cleaner (including 2 x LithiumLife rechargeable batteries) only. Approximate RRP: £299.99 as at 10 July 2014.
More GRRR than the average Bear!!

Comments

• Snizza
    Snizza Posts: 454 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Surprise Surprise who is at the top of the leader board. The MSE user who hacked into RAC's game and won 2 PS4's last time by writing in his own score which wasn't even achievable on the game.
  • grannybiker
    grannybiker Posts: 12,128 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't know how this happens, but surely they're breaking the T&Cs

The use of automated devices or any other mechanism that will circumvent the proper conduct of this Contest, whether intentional or otherwise, is prohibited.

So can be legitimately disqualified?
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
  • Snizza
    Options
    They don't care Granny.... Simple as that. RAC absolute refuted all claims that any one was cheating last time and even lied about what scores were achievable on the game until I started cheating to prove them wrong. In the end they cancelled the competition but still awarded the prizes to the people who cheated. Well I will be doing the same with these comps every time I see certain names at the top.
  • Snizza
    Options
    Just so you know. I have messaged VAX letting them know about the cheating. Told them who I KNOW is cheating on there and let them know I did the same to get into the Top 20 and could easily get number one spot on the board at this moment in time if I wanted too. Hopefully they will do something about it. But knowing these companies they would probably just disqualify me and not worry about any one else who's cheating lol.
  • sonicgirl
    sonicgirl Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That's shameful. Based on this info I for one won't be entering. Although I don't usually enter FB game top score comps as I never get anywhere close.
    wins so far : chocolate brownie, Fake tan, countryside live tickets, ice age goody bag, ben 10 poster, glitter tattoos, star wars blu ray, Ascot tickets, weekend in scarborough, smurf haibo, samsung multiroom (best win yet), manicure set, make up brush, £500 voucher for cottage. £500 holiday voucher again!
  • grannybiker
    grannybiker Posts: 12,128 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have posted on their FB page too
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
  • RedCardinal
    RedCardinal Posts: 3,166 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done Snizza for your stance.
  • Snizza
    Options
    Vax messaged me back today....

Thanks for contacting us with your concerns.

We appreciate that there’s always a risk with online games, such as Corded Chaos, that dishonest users can manipulate aspects of their operation. Unfortunately, this is an aspect of the wider matter that the entire online space can be vulnerable.

Section 4 of the Terms & Conditions of the competition references the prohibiting of automated systems that circumvent the proper conduct of the content, and we are confident that we have taken all reasonable steps to minimise the risk of dishonest practice and identify and eliminate such individuals, in the acceptance that no online solution can ever be completely secure. Full T&Cs for the activity can be viewed on the ‘hub’ page of the application.

We acknowledge the information you have provided and will check this with our service partner, in order to absolutely ensure we are providing the fairest possible experience for all players. Thanks again for getting in touch.
  • claire21
    claire21 Posts: 32,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Do we play monthly please?
  • claire21
    claire21 Posts: 32,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    If so it's another month
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family