Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
  • beckie
    • 1st May 05, 10:01 PM
    • 1st May 05, 10:01 PM
    These are good, i've had lots of stuff to test, but you have to be really quick to reply to their email invitations, as they go so fast.
  • jo_b
    • 1st May 05, 10:03 PM
    • 1st May 05, 10:03 PM
    I've never had luck with them yet, but I know that a lot of people on here are registered and get to try loads of goodies.

I think my problem is that I put I had sensitive skin which probably limits the types of products that I'd be sent to try.

The wider the choice of options you tick, the more chance you've got of being selected for the trials.
    • Judi
    • By Judi 1st May 05, 10:18 PM
    • 13,726 Posts
    • 53,438 Thanks
    Judi
    • 1st May 05, 10:18 PM
    • 1st May 05, 10:18 PM
    I have registered with them twice over the last 2 years, but have rarely been offered anything. When i have, the invitations had all been full up. I dont bother now, i just delete the emails if i get any.
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
  • trace-j
    • 1st May 05, 10:23 PM
    • 1st May 05, 10:23 PM
    Apparently if you are over 30 and have problem skin you get more invites.:confused:
  • suzie wong
    • 1st May 05, 10:51 PM
    • 1st May 05, 10:51 PM
    I joined about a month ago ,and just completed my first trial yesterday (a bathroom cleaner spray.) You do have to be quick to respond to e-mails, but it's fun. I'm looking forward to seeing what else I get to trial.
    • arkonite_babe
    • By arkonite_babe 1st May 05, 11:07 PM
    • 7,256 Posts
    • 8,306 Thanks
    arkonite_babe
    • 1st May 05, 11:07 PM
    • 1st May 05, 11:07 PM
    I've been a member since the beginning and I've only had one trial. I don't even get email invites any more
    • Frogling
    • By Frogling 1st May 05, 11:18 PM
    • 1,145 Posts
    • 589 Thanks
    Frogling
    • 1st May 05, 11:18 PM
    • 1st May 05, 11:18 PM
    I've had loads of products from them to test, including lip plumper, cotton wall, bathroom cleaner, face cream, lipstick and mascara. My toddlers have also had toothpaste and bubble bath to test!
    • Dormouse
    • By Dormouse 2nd May 05, 1:43 PM
    • 5,566 Posts
    • 13,270 Thanks
    Dormouse
    • 2nd May 05, 1:43 PM
    • 2nd May 05, 1:43 PM
    Whew, it takes ages to complete your profile for this one! And yeah, like I'm going to give them my Tesco Clubcard number etc... :rolleyes:
    • Judi
    • By Judi 2nd May 05, 3:07 PM
    • 13,726 Posts
    • 53,438 Thanks
    Judi
    Apparently if you are over 30 and have problem skin you get more invites.:confused:
    by trace-j
    I am over 40 and still get the odd breakout so i should be getting them by the bucketful then. :rolleyes:

Thing is, i registered all my family too and still didnt get to test anything.
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
  • misty
    I've only had one thing to test well 2 as part of the same test. 2 toners- use 1 for one week and then the other for a week and say which is best no e-mails since. I was hoping for lots of mascaras and lipsticks etc
  • wendiewoo
    over 30s maybe??
    Ive tested cotton wool, wrinkle cream, concealer, kids toothpaste, lipstick, bathroom cleaner, swimming shampoo and 2-in shampoo,cleanser, mascara and eye cream. But I am over 30 get alot of invites for wrinkle/ageing products.
    I wished upon a star tonight that I would see you once more,
    To hold you in my arms and tell you how much I love you,
    To hear your voice, to kiss your cheek oh for just one more time,
    But all I have are memories and a heart full of love and tears.
  • tullula
    cheers- am over 40 so hopefully will get some good products to try.
    Happy to be here.
    • divadee
    • By divadee 5th May 05, 7:21 PM
    • 10,355 Posts
    • 17,762 Thanks
    divadee
    i only joined yesterday and i have been invited and accepted to test my first product already.

thanks op
    Last edited by divadee; 05-05-2005 at 8:53 PM.
    • Westywoodpecker
    • By Westywoodpecker 5th May 05, 7:58 PM
    • 6,378 Posts
    • 13,508 Thanks
    Westywoodpecker
    I joined a few months ago & have only tested one thing. Having said that I did have to compare from two different brands & then got to keep them both. As previously mentioned you do have to respond to emails quick!!
    Now thanks to Tommix & Queen Bear, now Lady Westy of Woodpecker
  • ella2ethan1
    I joined a couple of months ago and havnet heard anything since and filled out profiles for both the kids and hubby too!!!

I my go recheck what ive put now

Sarah x
    • Frogling
    • By Frogling 6th May 05, 12:23 AM
    • 1,145 Posts
    • 589 Thanks
    Frogling
    I joined a couple of months ago and havnet heard anything since and filled out profiles for both the kids and hubby too!!!

I my go recheck what ive put now

Sarah x
    by ella2ethan1
    Quite a few people have said that they've received very few invites. Just wanted to check - have you done the Online Training? This means that you should be offered more trials.

To get to this area, log in and go to the 'Information' tab at the top of the page. In there, you will find a 'Training' section. Complete all of it (takes approx 10 mins) and hopefully you will be invited to more trials!
  • jaxxy00
    I joined just 4 days ago and have today been sent an email for first trial test and accepted. I have now just completed the training section so maybe i will get even more! The profiling seems to take ages but i suppose the more they know about you the better. I would like to know why they asked for tesco clubcard and boots advantage card numbers though. Anyone got any ideas? I though maybe its so they can see what type of products you normally buy, but then i didnt think tesco or boots were allowed to share that information.
  • silkcutblue
    I have had about 8 invitations but you need to answer them within 30mins of getting or they are full

They are great.
  • Ratty
    I joined almost exactly a year ago, and for the first six months I had 2, sometimes 3 trials a month. Since then...nada. I'm just going to go and log in and see if I've had invitations I've missed, or anything bizarre like that.

I have had some lovely stuff though, so can't complain!

Ratty
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,154Posts Today

7,321Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @c_newbery: @MartinSLewis Can't bring myself to vote for option A because of lack of apostrophe - some things are too precious! #grammar?

• MSE weekly email: Soap&Glory, Urgent 2YR cheap energy, free Tesco pts, cheap Easyjet, free TSB £100, £52 Ray-Bans https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Today's twitter poll: Is it acceptable to use bad grammar in tweets in order to reduce character length?

• Follow Martin