Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    bobbarley
    I need to sell my Hire Purchase car, any advice? Please help
    • 9th Jul 07, 5:59 PM
    I need to sell my Hire Purchase car, any advice? Please help 9th Jul 07 at 5:59 PM
    Like all the people on here, I'm trying desperately to sort of finances out. My fianc!e and I want to buy a house, so that means me selling my car.

I bought the car is January 2005, it's a 2005 54 plate Citroen C2 VTS. The car was bought for 12,000 on 4 years finance. I'm making monthly repayments of about 253 and there's around 4,500 left to pay on the car. I believe the car to be worth around 6,000.

I need to sell the car now to clear the debt, the problem is I can't sell it until the finance is paid off, otherwise it isn't HPI clear. Obviously I don't have the money to pay off the car, hence why I'm trying to sell it. You can see the viscous circle.

Can anyone offer me some advice as to how I can get rid of the car? I don't want to terminate the HP agreement as I want the profit from the car to put towards a deposit on a house, but I can't afford to take out a loan to pay off the car, or put it onto my credit card, because the interest I'd have to pay would be stupid.

Thanks in advice everyone.

Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,213Posts Today

7,004Users online

Martin's Twitter