Airbeds @Millets

Options
marvin
marvin Posts: 2,185 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
edited 27 May 2014 at 1:11PM in It's gone, but was it any good?
Official MoneySavingExpert insert: We’re waiting to hear back from Millets to see what stock levels are like and how long the sale will be on for. The discounts are available on all Eurohike airbed products. We’ll update you when we’ve got more info.

Thanks to marvin for posting.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Millets have what on the surface seems some decent reductions on their Eurohike airbeds

This is a double one for £10 there are also single ones from £6

Good for sunbathing in the Garden or children's school hols can collect from store to avoid postage.
I started with nothing and I am proud to say I still have most of it left.

Comments

• marvin
    Options
    Oh and don't forget go via your fav Cashback site to make it cheaper I mutual doing 6.5%
  • teresa555
    teresa555 Posts: 347 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    there is also a 10% off code. i will add in other forum
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Codes aren't permitted on the Grabbit board and have been removed. If in doubt please read the forum rule. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"]forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].

The post containing the code has been removed.
  • janaltus
    janaltus Posts: 155 Forumite
    Options
    The prices of these goods look good but ... are the prices at Millets inclusive of VAT or not? I've encountered problems with them in the past (they, somewhat misleadingly, quoted prices excluding VAT on camping/leisure gear) and then slapped it on at the last minute.
  • Kernel_Sanders
    Kernel_Sanders Posts: 3,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    janaltus wrote: »
    The prices of these goods look good but ... are the prices at Millets inclusive of VAT or not? I've encountered problems with them in the past (they, somewhat misleadingly, quoted prices excluding VAT on camping/leisure gear) and then slapped it on at the last minute.

Yes it is annoying when do that but the usual defence is that there is a button on the website which switches prices to VAT-inclusive. Of course, ex-VAT is the default setting.
  • marvin
    Options
    Mine was supplied at £10 if that helps
  • janaltus
    Options
    Following this MoneySavingsExpert Forum Tip, I promptly ordered an airbed and I ordered some other items too, including an airbed pump. I paid for the order via Paypal and arranged for delivery to my local Blacks Camping store.

I was told in a confirmation email that despatch is quick so changes to Millet's orders can not be made.

Millet's later emailed me to say the airbed (£6) was not available but they were still sending me the airbed pump (£8).

I checked online how to get a refund and it says "Unfortunately, we can't take orders paid by Paypal back in store."

I checked on the Millet's website but there are no instructions online regarding how to obtain a refund paid by Paypal.
    2w4mrky.jpg
  • teresa555
    teresa555 Posts: 347 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi, regarding return paid by paypal you have to email millets first, then return the item direct to them for a refund to paypal when they receive the item, hope this helps
  • janaltus
    Options
    teresa555 wrote: »
    hi, regarding return paid by paypal you have to email millets first, then return the item direct to them for a refund to paypal when they receive the item, hope this helps

Many thanks Teressa555 for that guidance. Unfortunately Millet's don't put that instruction clearly and prominently on their website. To keep it simple, I'm going to decline from picking up any (i.e. all) of the items from the local Blacks store and thus get a full refund via Paypal.

Although I like a lot of their stock, sadly the number of times I've had bad experiences whilst shopping at Millet's definitely outnumber the positive ones! :(
  • brightonman123
    brightonman123 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    Options
    do millets run cashback, if bought in store?
    Long time away from MSE, been dealing real life stuff..
    Sometimes seen lurking on the compers forum :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure