Discovered new things as result of a competition?

Options
Has anyone discovered a new brand or website etc they like as a result of entering a competition? Just something i've been thinking about as there are a few sites, which as a result of having entered a competition, i've thought I must go back and browse. I guess that's what the companies want which is good.
Student MoneySaving Club member 017!

Comments

• aurorablues
    aurorablues Posts: 424 Forumite
    Options
    I have yes and have come across some really cool sites and blogs that i never would have found otherwise.
  • ames123_2
    ames123_2 Posts: 566 Forumite
    Options
    Makes you realise how many companies there are out there, i'd have never come across them otherwise.
  • BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,371 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I agree - I have been introduced to some great sites and companies. Best of all, though, I have made some lovely online comping friends especially on here and on Facebook and some lovely bloggers too! 524545619_278920.gif

(mind you, I have also met some right sods too!)
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • kzmicallef
    kzmicallef Posts: 228 Forumite
    Options
    I actually found out about modcloth and yumi through the competitions and I love their clothes now, they remind me of jess from new girl. Have also found a website of geeky t-shirts for my other half and a blog I actually like ( the first and only so far!) Not to mention loads of products that I've ended up buying and some new books/films. I think it's nice to buy from some as the sites as it makes me feel less like i'm using them for comps and more of a mutual thing.
    Starting afresh - comping as much as poss!

Hoping for: some beauty goods, clothes, amazon vouchers, anime, manga, wardrobe, fridge freezer, laptop, an ipad, vouchers for next, exercise goods, a uk break and a wee hol somewhere nice!
    Wishing all a little luck:beer:
  • janE1956
    janE1956 Posts: 2,214 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    always know interesting facts about latest dvd releases so can stun my family with my knowledge!
  • ames123_2
    ames123_2 Posts: 566 Forumite
    Options
    kzmicallef wrote: »
    I actually found out about modcloth and yumi through the competitions and I love their clothes now, they remind me of jess from new girl. Have also found a website of geeky t-shirts for my other half and a blog I actually like ( the first and only so far!) Not to mention loads of products that I've ended up buying and some new books/films. I think it's nice to buy from some as the sites as it makes me feel less like i'm using them for comps and more of a mutual thing.

Just checked out those sites, lovely clothes, does modcloth deliver to the UK?
  • pesky_princess
    Options
    I cant even count the number of places I am now a customer of all because of comping... theres loads! That's why I detest it when a company throws a wobbly at 'compers' entering their comps and get funny about it... they don't realise at all how many of us actually promote their companies and also give them more custom which they never would have had otherwise!!! Some people just see compers as cheapskate freebie hunters that don't ever actually spend money - sooo not true (not in my case anyway!!)
    one that I can mention that I use now because I am ordering from them again this week is Sponge.co.uk - I only discovered their site through comping and this is going to be second time using them as its one of my kids birthdays on Friday (fabulously ties in with their 'sponge friday' offer they do every week where the cakes are cheaper!) :D gorgeous huge cakes and some scrummy flavours!!!

I love my hobby and I love it that I have discovered so many companies I would never have done otherwise! :T
    April 2014: A CAR!!!!!! :j 60th Anniversary Edition of Playboy mag signed by Hugh Hefner/Family pass to Twinlakes Family Theme Park/Rio 2 Goodies/£15 Promod Voucher/Nivea Sensitive Prize pack/John Frieda Cosmetic bag and bits/Tickets to New Kids On The Block + Meet and Greet
  • Barnabysue
    Barnabysue Posts: 9,058 Forumite
    Options
    I regularly buy Omega liquid for my dogs from Fourflax after winning a bottle in a competition, I've bought backdoor shoes for both myself and my Sister after seeing them in a comp, swarovski crystal pens as Christmas presents for my Daughter and Nieces and numerous other bits and pieces. Lots of them bargains from newsletters that the majority of people mistakenly seem to think of as SPAM.
    Luck is believing you’re lucky – Tennessee Williams

May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night – Anonymous
  • Runnerduck
    Runnerduck Posts: 3,146 Forumite
    I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    i won a bottle of simonez car wax, its brilliant as you just wash it off, i buy that for mine and all the boys cars now and i had never seen it before
  • worriedindebt
    Options
    I also have seen sites that are now on my go to list as a result of comping.. Some really unique companies out there that I'd never have found otherwise, so comps are a good way to get new business.

I especially like foodie sites/ recipe sites etc
    Thanks to all who post here:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family