E: 27/04 Win a trip to Venice on the Orient-Express(app download help)

Options
weeowens
weeowens Posts: 81,990 Forumite
First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
edited 16 April 2014 at 6:11PM in Game Over Archives
Daily Telegraph

Entry is restricted to one per person.
Watch the tick boxes.

How to enter
For your chance to win, simply download the Travel Guides app from the App Store by clicking here. It’s completely free. Then, using the app, answer the following question:
Which restaurant on the Giudecca is Anne Hanley’s favourite lunchtime stop?

answer: ?

any ideas as I am on a PC

Then click here to enter the competition

The competition closes on Sunday, April 27, 2014. Click here for full terms and conditions.

Comments

• weeowens
    weeowens Posts: 81,990 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    The prize as described is available on the date of publication. 8. One winning entrant will win a trip for two on board the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express from London to Venice, or from Venice to London. The prize includes all table d'hôte menus and accommodation sharing one double cabin whilst on board. One of the passengers must be over the age of 18. Both should have a valid passport to travel (valid for at least six months beyond the return date for the trip). Winner and accompanying persons must obtain all visas, permissions and other documentation required. Belmond Limited is not liable for the costs of obtaining the correct entry documents.
    9. The prize does not include any accommodation, travel insurance, food and drink, personal expenditure or incidental costs, other than where mentioned. The ticket on the train is one-way only and does not include transport for the return leg. It is the responsibility of the prizewinner to ensure they have a valid passport and travel insurance and obtain any necessary vaccinations and visas for their trip.
    10. All journeys must be taken before April 30, 2015. Tickets are subject to availability and embargoes. Once booked, they cannot be amended. No change of destination will be permitted. The prize is subject to availability, non transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
  • debsy42
    debsy42 Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 April 2014 at 6:53PM
    Options
    The guide says "Alla Palanca" my favourite lunchtime stop for the traditional Venetian food and the view from the tables on the Giudecca quay

The picture however shows a cafe called "La Palanca" so I'm slightly confused as to which one is correct.

Does anyone know if there's any difference between Alla and La (sorry don't know any Italian at all).

I'm pretty sure on reflection it's "Alla Palanca" as that's what the guide says so I think best to go with that
    ITV Winners Club #87 :eek:
  • snakepilsen
    snakepilsen Posts: 2,757 Forumite
    Options
    a
    and
    the
  • Geeky
    Geeky Posts: 171 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I guess that the restaurant is called La Palanca http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187870-d1087324-Reviews-La_Palanca-Venice_Veneto.html , and Alla Palanca means "at" or "to" La Palanca
  • jemie86
    jemie86 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I agree with Geeky, 'alla Palanca' means 'at' La Palanca'.
  • Sunny_Saver
    Sunny_Saver Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    weeowens wrote: »
    9. ...The ticket on the train is one-way only and does not include transport for the return leg...

:eek: it's a long way to hitch hike home from Venice! This comp is only for a one-way trip.:eek:
    “It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.”

F. Scott Fitzgerald
  • marky_p
    marky_p Posts: 188 Forumite
    Options
    I'd be willing to cough up for a 40 quid BA flight back to London if it meant winning this...this train journey costs over £2k!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure