We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Got to sort it this time

Options
I have now realised that I have got really get my head down and sort out my money issues. Obviously there has been major changes recently and I am still getting my head around what has happened.

I will do a new SOA in the near future and then look at where I go from there.

BMG

Comments

• Tink_04
    Tink_04 Posts: 1,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Great that your posting & focused - good luck x
    Living the simple life
  • glasgowsaver2011
    Options
    Good luck - welcome back....

Get the big things sorted first

Sell the house, pay off the debt, work out how much is left to start a new
  • thecassman86
    Options
    Welcome, it's great to see you back!

Fantastic to see that you're wanting this sorted now. Please take all comments on board.

Best of luck! :)
    It all takes time and time is money,
    money talks and talk is cheap.

- David Ford
  • BMG
    BMG Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    The estate agent is coming on Friday to value the house and put it on the market.

Still waiting for everything to be sorted re: the money in the joint account.

Thank you for your kind words. I will take notice now that I do not have to try and work around anyone else.
  • TooClumsy
    TooClumsy Posts: 126 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good on you BMG. I hope with all the help and support you will receive, everything will get on the right track.

Take care,

TooClumsy
    GC Challenge 2018:
    Jan £309.44/£290.72
    Feb £204.81/£290
    March £153.60/£300
  • glasgowsaver2011
    Options
    The estate agents value will be optimistic I would imagine - before you sell you will need a home report done and made available to any prospective buyers (this is the case in scotland) and the home report value is the true value of your property - essentially a bank will only lend to the value of the home report.

Unless you are in London or somewhere nice, buyers will attempt to bid under the home report value.

I would budget for about 4 k to sell.... and that is without buying a new place.

400 to market your property
    400 for a home report
    1000 for legal fees
    1% of the sale price as the estate agent comission (so say2k)

good luck
  • asparagus1968
    asparagus1968 Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    good to see you BMG.

new start for you, good things to come for you I hope. keep posting, keep positive, good luck
    LIVE SIMPLY * GIVE MORE * EXPECT LESS * BE THANKFUL

• asparagus1968
    asparagus1968 Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    good luck with the estate agent tomorrow, try and haggle for a smaller fee too!!
    LIVE SIMPLY * GIVE MORE * EXPECT LESS * BE THANKFUL

• heartbreak_star
    Options
    Good luck and take care of yourself - and don't let the estate agents take you for a ride :)

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Bremainer
  • BMG
    BMG Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for your support guys.

I am slowly working my way through my SOA. I just have a couple of questions. On my credit card statements there are different rates for certain amounts. For example, one of them has 1.667%, 0% and another one (haven't got statement close to hand) . How do I list these on my SOA? I have 3 cards in total. Also I only know the monthly rates for them not the APR. How do I find that out? I don't really want to speak to the cc companies incase they ask about my repayments for the cards.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport