John Lewis Sewing Machine £69, reduced from £99

Options
Hippo_hips
Hippo_hips Posts: 28 Forumite
I've been Money Tipped!
Official MoneySavingExpert insert: John Lewis has launched a new range of colours for their JL110 sewing machines, so the old blue model is now £69, was £99. Delivery's free and is available in-store and online while stocks last. Thanks to Hippo hips for posting.

http://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-jl110-colour-block-sewing-machine/p352048?colour=Blue

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• chaddythebear
    Options
    Wanting one for sewing on badges to cub/scout uniforms, i'm a complete beginner, would this be suitable?
  • Hippo_hips
    Hippo_hips Posts: 28 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    According to the reviews, it would be suitable for a beginner. (There are more reviews for the white version - I assume the only difference is the colour and that the machine itself will be the same.)

I'm not sure if I would bother for badges. I tend to do them by hand - I'm not a domestic goddess, I just couldn't be bothered to set up a sewing machine for a single badge.
  • Alidolly
    Alidolly Posts: 791 Forumite
    Options
    It won't do thick material so might not manage if the badges are padded or heavy duty. Good price though if want a very simple machine without all the bells and whistles
  • martinthebandit
    Options
    Wanting one for sewing on badges to cub/scout uniforms, i'm a complete beginner, would this be suitable?

Personally I would make sure the first badge the cub/scouts earned was for sewing, job done
  • cte1111
    cte1111 Posts: 7,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've got one of these. I've made quite a few pairs of curtains with it, so it is OK. However I did find it difficult to thread, it wouldn't pick up the bobbin thread easily. It was no good for quilting, so I've bought a more expensive Janome one for this.
  • chaddythebear
    Options
    Ok, thanks for replies, think i'll give this a miss and look for a second hand one, i've seen a few, but they've always been too far a distance.

Three boy's.............loads of badges! Takes me hours by hand lol
  • gunsandbanjos
    gunsandbanjos Posts: 12,246 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    What about wundaweb for badges? Or is that cheating?
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • Minniemee_2
    Options

Wundaweb is one if the best things ever invented!
    "Women are made to be loved, not understood - Oscar Wilde .

A big thank you to all the fab people that take the time to post bargains :beer:
  • BettiePage
    BettiePage Posts: 4,627 Forumite
    Options
    I once tried gluing my sons beavers badges on. Big mistake. Glue EVERYWHERE!
    Wundaweb works fine and then just a couple of tacks in the corners to give extra support.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.
  • cathypainter
    Options
    Personally I would make sure the first badge the cub/scouts earned was for sewing, job done

Completely agree, I had fingers like a pin cushion when my 2 where in the cubs!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure