Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • payless
    • By payless 22nd Sep 04, 4:10 PM
    • 6,573 Posts
    • 2,335 Thanks
    payless
    • 22nd Sep 04, 4:10 PM
    Re: Carrington Carr???
    • 22nd Sep 04, 4:10 PM
    Now part of a larger group.

Not sure about current practices, but believe they used to charge fees.

just been cold called by them
    that practice is soon to be banned in mortgage industry-

Extract from FSA guidelines -
    We think that cold-calling can expose consumers to high pressure sales tactics which mean that they end up with an inappropriate or over-expensive product (or service). Our financial promotion rules therefore ban unsolicited real-time promotions (cold calling) unless there is a pre-existing customer relationship through which the consumer expects to receive such promotions
    http://www.carringtoncarr.com/terms.htm
    shows the list of lenders they use and other info

• AndieJ
    • 23rd Sep 04, 3:01 PM
    Re: Carrington Carr???
    • 23rd Sep 04, 3:01 PM
    just cancelled with them, what's the odd's they turn up anyway?!!

think I'll go to the pub for an hour!.
  • the minx
    • 17th Feb 09, 7:57 PM
    carrington carr
    • 17th Feb 09, 7:57 PM
    Don't go within 100 miles of this company, they are so. unprofessional.
  • Rick62
    • 17th Feb 09, 8:24 PM
    • 17th Feb 09, 8:24 PM
    I thought cold calling had been banned for a couple of years?

Web site very unprofessional, doesn't say if regulated by the FSA, no link to IDD, nothing really.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 17th Feb 09, 8:40 PM
    • 82,630 Posts
    • 47,710 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 17th Feb 09, 8:40 PM
    • 17th Feb 09, 8:40 PM
    It has been barred. This thread is from 2004. A couple of weeks before cold calling (and mortgage regulation in general) came in.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
  • rickybobby
    • 31st Mar 09, 4:59 PM
    cold calling
    • 31st Mar 09, 4:59 PM
    They will not cold call, that is not allowed, and they will be able to prove it, they are a very proffessional company who provide an excellent service, fees are just one small part of any mortgage deal, people need to think long term!!!! I work for a simarlar type of company and sick of narrow minded remarks.
  • rickybobby
    • 31st Mar 09, 5:06 PM
    • 31st Mar 09, 5:06 PM
    Did you perhaps used to work for this company? you seem to have some bitterness towards them? Very strange!
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 31st Mar 09, 7:01 PM
    • 82,630 Posts
    • 47,710 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 31st Mar 09, 7:01 PM
    • 31st Mar 09, 7:01 PM
    I dont like scumbag claims companies that lie to get money out of consumers on cases where there is little or no chance of success.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
    • eboy1975
    • By eboy1975 25th Jun 09, 9:55 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    eboy1975
    dunstonh - i think you will find that they are not a claims management firm.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 26th Jun 09, 9:03 AM
    • 82,630 Posts
    • 47,710 Thanks
    dunstonh
    dunstonh - i think you will find that they are not a claims management firm.
    Originally posted by eboy1975
    There was a post before mine from a claims company. The board removed it as spam.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

638Posts Today

5,400Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Sainsbury £2.60 prosecco trick problems. We're on it, full updates tomorrow am will go here... https://t.co/ho7332Amg6

• Wishing @andrew_oxlade uber personal finance editor at the Telegraph, best of luck in his new job. Nice working with you Andrew.

• Ive obsessed. I've not missed my 10k daily target since 20 Sept (inc days with food poisoning and a minor op) https://t.co/FNmAXgYU6k

• Follow Martin