Free book for your child every month until they turn 5

Options
I havent tried this as I dont have children but apparently its available in certain areas.

http://uk.imaginationlibrary.com/register_my_child.php#.Un6yW_nxrHx

Register online and you will be sent a free age appropriate book for your child every month until they turn 5
Thank you for your interest in registering your child with Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library

Here are some important tips you should know when registering your child with Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library:
  1. To ensure proper delivery of books; make certain your child is registered with your address.
  2. Be sure the address used to register your child with us is correct.
  3. Make certain the email address used to register your child with us is valid so that we may contact you should we have questions regarding your child’s registration.
  4. If you prefer not to register online, simply click here to find your affiliate. From there you can locate your affiliate along with their contact information.
If you do not live in the United Kingdom, please click here to change your country of registration.
I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,305 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    This looks great if you have children - I remember reading something about Dolly Parton's aim to get all children reading but I thought it was aimed at disadvantaged youngsters. Good that she has offered it to everyone.
  • clairec79
    clairec79 Posts: 2,512 Forumite
    Options
    not everyone, you have to live in certain areas - we don't
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    There was something on the news a while ago this *free* book scheme is costing local authorities thousands each year.
  • IHateDida
    IHateDida Posts: 1,670 Forumite
    Options
    clairec79 wrote: »
    not everyone, you have to live in certain areas - we don't

Nor me :( What areas do you have to live in?
  • myusernamehasgone_2
    Options
    sheffield not covered
  • slbhill
    slbhill Posts: 5,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    thanks for posting :beer:

I think the drop down list above the map on this page lists the areas which are available.
  • emilyk83_2
    Options
    Just checked for a friend's daughter, sadly not available in her area :( Thanks for posting though - great offer!
  • samidevils
    Options
    not available in Port Talbot S wales
    2012 wins: Panasonic home phone, Panasonic mobile phone, maple syrup and cookbook, £50 experience voucher, book, craft stuff, holiday in Ibiza, Dr Who Figures and 2 cinema tickets, bottle of Gin, 2X DVDs, Ipod touch, Moshi Monsters cay, Lipstick, Relaxation CD, £500 voucher for birdwatching holiday

Fingers crossed for an ITV win :D
  • Toomuchdebt
    Toomuchdebt Posts: 2,128 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not available in Cheltenham
    Debts Jan 2014 £20,108.34 :eek:

EF #70 £0/£1000

SW 1st 4lbs
  • Essenchill
    Essenchill Posts: 1,032 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    An excellent scheme if anyone isn't aware of this - certainly worth checking with your local council if they are a member of this scheme.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure