E: 05/01 Win gadgets, games, gizmos & more with the Big Bang Theory (FB)

Options
stefthewise
stefthewise Posts: 148 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 6 September 2013 at 9:19AM in Game Over Archives
Moviecomps Facebook App

Match the cards in 60 seconds or less (easy), then answer a question on the Big Bang Theory to enter.

My question was: 'Which character has the catchphrase "Bazinga!"?'
Answer: Sheldon.
(Not sure if it'll be a different question/answer each time.)

MONTHLY COMPETITION - Prizes listed in post below.
Champion Cheapskate ;)

Comments

• stefthewise
    stefthewise Posts: 148 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 September 2013 at 9:18AM
    Options
    The Big Bang Theory Facebook Competition Terms & Conditions
    - ALL ENTRANTS MUST BE UK RESIDENTS TO ENTER THIS COMPETITION.
    - There is a MINIMUM AGE OF 18 to enter this competition.
    - Final closing date for entries is 05/01/2014 and all entries must be received on or before that date.
    - The competition is a free prize draw.
    - Entrants must answer the question correctly to be entered into the prize draw.
    - One winner will be drawn every month starting September 2013 and ending December 2013
    - The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all successful entries by an independent judge.
    - All winners will be notified by the 20/01/2014
    - The prizes are as follows:
    Month 1:
    Wesc Headphones
    Vibe Optisound
    For Dummies Book
    The Big Bang Theory Boxset
    Intempo Ipod
    Sunglasses
    Timex Watch
    Sudokube
    Geek Glasses
    Xbox Game
    Month 2:
    Olympus Voice recorder
    Vibe iPad case
    Overboard Tube
    Equation Watch
    Geek Glasses
    Salt & Pepper wind up robots
    For Dummies Book
    Sunglasses
    Xbox game
    Month 3:
    Ripstick
    Vibe black death headphones
    Timex watch
    Grooming kit
    Sunglasses
    Addictaball
    Geek Glasses
    Colour changing alarm clock
    For Dummies Book
    Month 4:
    Vibe Opti-sound
    Gaming Chair
    For Dummies Book
    Panasonic camera
    Pocket IQ test
    Geek Glasses
    Pocket Microscope
    Timex watch
    Sunglasses
    - One winner will win each month.
    - Only one entry per person.
    - There is no cash alternative.
    - The prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable.
    - The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value as required. Products are subject to availability.
    - The winner(s) will be notified by phone or email.
    - The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
    - Please allow 28 days for appropriate prizes to be delivered.
    - Two attempts to contact the winner(s) will be made after which the prize will be forfeit. Winners must respond to the promoter within 14 days of being contacted.
    - Winners that respond after that period will not be eligible for the prize.
    - The winners agree to co-operate with the Promoter for publicity purposes if so required.
    - By accepting the prize the winners agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
    - Administration of the application by Play7 Ltd PO Box 665, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 9BE.
    - The competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and it is a condition of entry that entrants agree that Facebook shall not be liable to the entrants in any respect in connection with the competition.
    - Any questions, comments or complaints relating to the competition should be directed to Play7 Ltd, PO Box 665, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 9BE.
    - The Promoter/Administrator reserves the right to alter, amend or discontinue this competition without prior notice in the event that unforeseen circumstances make this unavoidable.
    - The Promoter/Administrator reserves the right to alter, amend or discontinue this competition without prior notice in the event that the competition is hacked, spammed or if we believe the competition has been entered fraudulently.
    - Should any technical issue arise the Promoter/Administrator reserves the right to withdraw the app and/or any prizes that have been wrongly promised as a result of the technical problems.
    - The Promoter/Administrator accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant to the competition or any damage to any entrant's property (including computer equipment and/or data which is stored on any equipment) as a result of using the application, entering the competition or accepting the prize.
    - These terms and conditions are governed by UK laws.
    - Uses of personal data received by the promoter in the course of the competition are subject to the privacy policy found through a link at the bottom of this page.
    - The prize winner’s names and their regional location can be requested from the Administrator by sending a stamped address envelope marked “Big Bang Theory” to the promoter before the 20/02/2014
    - The Promoter/Administrator is Play7 Ltd.
    Champion Cheapskate ;)
  • Kovu2013
    Kovu2013 Posts: 593 Forumite
    Options
    The app doesn't seem to be working for me in FF, I just get a page saying win the greatest 100 movies of all time and the click like to enter, but clicking like does nothing??
    :starmod: Looking for the lucky dust :starmod:

:staradmin Saving for a masters degree 0/15k :staradmin
  • clareo122
    Options
    I'm getting a blank page in Chrome
  • sjscott1977
    Options
    Go to this page:

https://www.facebook.com/Moviecomps?ref=ts&fref=ts

And then go to the Big Bang Theory link at the top :)
    Best wins: Family holiday to Disneyland Paris, 2xiPads, 2xWiis, Camera, Retro Fridge Freezer, £500 Pesi Max, 50" Sony TV & Surround Sound
  • lizd31
    lizd31 Posts: 25,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 6 September 2013 at 11:12AM
    Options
    I'm PMd them to clarify if we need to enter just once for the whole period or once each month. If it's monthly it would be better to change the end date to 30/09 & then post the new comp each month

UPDATE - They've confirmed that it's one entry for the whole duration of the comp, they will pick winners from all entries already received
    Positivity is the key to success
  • misa.blue
    Options
    Just curious, have you ever heard of anybody winning one of these bog comps from Movie Comps? I have not.. :-(
    Best wins ever:
    2012: Holiday to LA for 2 adults +2 kids for 4 days
    2013: £2 000 Virgin Holiday Voucher!
    2014: $1000 spending money for hols
    2015: 8 night holiday to Thailand
  • the_atlantean_2
    Options
    page loads blank for me
  • Daphne01
    Daphne01 Posts: 22,145 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you're still having issues with the link (I did in ff) enter by using the link in this post, it worked for me :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=559150710817223&set=a.414988928566736.97987.318110198254610&type=1
    A strong man stands up for himself, a stronger man stands up for others.

• superlukey
    Options
    This is the second comp in a row where it wants to post to my friends. I keep clicking on Skip but it keeps retrying so I'm not entering.

I don't want to bombard my friends with all my competitions.:(
  • mnkyhngr
    mnkyhngr Posts: 259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    superlukey wrote: »
    This is the second comp in a row where it wants to post to my friends. I keep clicking on Skip but it keeps retrying so I'm not entering.

I don't want to bombard my friends with all my competitions.:(

me neither - last time a facebook comp tried to do this to me I was able to change the "friends" to "just me" by clicking on the bottom left of the pop-up box. - don't know whether this will invalidate the entry
    (shouldn't if the terms don't explicitly state you have to let them post to your friends)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure