🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Avon Skin So Soft Original half price offer

Options
New_York_No1_fan
New_York_No1_fan Posts: 172 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
edited 13 August 2013 at 12:37PM in Shop but don't drop
150ml Avon Skin so soft Original Dry oil spray on offer at half price in the current catalogue. £2.49 instead of £5!

http://avonshop.co.uk/product/bath-and-bodycare/skin-so-soft/skin-so-soft-original-dry-oil-body-spray.html

Also larger size, 250ml on offer at £3.49.
Its the one recommended by the army to prevent mosi bites!

I'm stocking up now
:T

Official MoneySavingExpert insert: Avon has confirmed this So Soft original dry oil body spray is available online and in the Avon catalogue until Wed 21 Aug. Delivery's £3.50 or free if you order via your local Avon representative.

This is the cheapest we’ve found this spray, though it isn't much more on Amazon. It’s always worth doing a price comparison before buying. Thanks to New York No1 fan for sharing this offer.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    remember if you buy any product at all from the current brochure, you can buy one of Avon's glimmerstick eye liners for only 99p too (rrp £6).
  • honey777
    honey777 Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    any free delivery code please?
  • 7roland8
    7roland8 Posts: 3,601 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    150ml Avon Skin so soft Original Dry oil spray on offer at half price in the current catalogue. £2.49 instead of £5 !
    Also larger size, 250ml on offer at £3.49.
    Its the one recommended by the army to prevent mosi bites!
    I'm stocking up now
    :T

I used to love the Original smell and that was recommended for insects - but its been messed about with and 'improved over the years so I think the smell not quite so good as before - but still love the bath oil which seems to work best - even if you put it on your skin and not in the bath!

I find the oil spray not quite so pleasant a smell.
    Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day. -- Sally Koch
  • New_York_No1_fan
    Options
    honey777 wrote: »
    any free delivery code please?
    couldn't find any free delivery codes but googled avon reps in my area and was able to order online with a rep locally. and she's even gonna deliver free as part of their service ! ding dong as they used to say :)
  • Saint_Chris
    Saint_Chris Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Options
    being a avon rep for over 30 years, I've never known anyone to pay £5 for it, 99% of the time it is £2.49

the old s-s-s was good for mosquito bites, but not anymore.
  • minimad1970
    minimad1970 Posts: 6,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    being a avon rep for over 30 years, I've never known anyone to pay £5 for it, 99% of the time it is £2.49

the old s-s-s was good for mosquito bites, but not anymore.

How recently did it change? I used it in Mexico last october and it worked then.
  • 7roland8
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Think they've been messing with it a bit for a few years now - bringing out new scents and improving the original - so how can they call it original I wonder? The bath oil still smells the same though.

They used to do talc, soap and sticks of the stuff - I loved it.
    Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day. -- Sally Koch
  • myusernamehasgone_2
    Options
    The original is original and still works as insect repellent, the 2 more modern fragrances don't work
  • 7roland8
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Cannot actually be the original if they say themselves - Nourishes all skin types. Spray on damp skin to lock in essential moisture, light non-greasy formula. Now with jojoba oil.
  • Booklover123
    Options
    I love this stuff and use it for other things as well::T
    On curtain rails if they are sticking.
    Very good remover of rust on metal,chains etc
    A squirt around the door or windows puts off fly's coming in.
    Anything stuck, I have used it on a padlock, doors, key holes, seat belts that wouldn't retract, anything with movable parts really.
    I give my cats a squirt and it seems to keep their fleas in check.
    Plus have used it against mosquito's and it works a treat
    I have even used it to take of the sticky residue from labels, though tested a small patch 1st :cool:
    Haven't tried it for moisturizing though so couldn't comment on that:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family