🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

JOHN LEWIS - 150 Recipe Cookbooks £1.50

Options
autumngirl
autumngirl Posts: 1,599 Forumite
I've been Money Tipped!
edited 16 July 2013 at 11:21AM in It's gone, but was it any good?
Various themed titles from the '150 Perfect Recipes' range of cookbooks reduced from £5 to £1.50

Includes Italian / Barbecue / Chocolate / Chicken / Cupcake / Curries / Cakes & Bakes

Free to collect from store (including many Waitrose stores)

http://www.johnlewis.com/search/150-cookbook/800001004-food+%26+drink+books=department

I haven't seen these little books in the 'flesh' but they look like they'd make a nice little pressie, esp stocking fillers or for making up themed hampers. I'm giving the BBQ book with a posh BBQ apron and some fancy sauces/marinades. Might also get the cupcake book to go with a cake stand or make up a hamper with fancy cupcake cases and decorating tools/accessories etc.

These books are small (roughly A5 size) so I wouldn't have bought at full price but they seem a great buy for just £1.50 :)

Official MoneySavingExpert insert: John Lewis has confirmed these books are available at £1.50 each instead of £5 online and in stores, while stocks last. Delivery's £3, or you can collect in-store, free. Thanks to autumngirl for posting.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• repton
    repton Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    I ordered 6 of them (£1.50) couple of weeks ago - they are lovely.
    One side has the ingredients listed and beside it a step by step method, and the next page has a close up picture of the finished dish. Recipes are categorised on the contents page and there's an index too. Nice handy size too, slightly smaller than A5 (not hardback though).
    hth
  • autumngirl
    autumngirl Posts: 1,599 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    repton wrote: »
    I ordered 6 of them (£1.50) couple of weeks ago - they are lovely.
    One side has the ingredients listed and beside it a step by step method, and the next page has a close up picture of the finished dish. Recipes are categorised on the contents page and there's an index too. Nice handy size too, slightly smaller than A5 (not hardback though).
    hth

Thanks for the useful feedback - good to know as I've ordered a few for myself and also a few for gift hampers. They sound perfect for what I need :)
  • prem0132
    prem0132 Posts: 106 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks OP, I've got two of these and have ordered the others they are good little books with clear instructions. X
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport