E: 31/05 The Sun £500,00 Dream Team

Options
Sun
WhooHoo. A new footy season and that means a new fantasy football season.
I'll update when the site updates and I'll also create a MSE compers fantasy football league too.
No details on site yet but I'd imagine it'll be the same as previous years eg:-
HOW TO PLAY
All you need to do is select an 11-man team from the 20 competing Premier League sides.

Your stars will score points depending on how well (or poorly) they perform over the course of the season – and there are four transfer windows if you want to dump your damp squibs.
Your players must fit into either a 4-4-2, a 4-3-3 or a 4-5-1 formation.
Teams must be entered by 12:30pm on Saturday August 18th to obtain maximum points, and don’t worry about entering early, you can make free unlimited transfers until midnight Friday, August 17 to replace any late crocks.
Join or create up to five Mini-Leagues, and pit yourself up against friends and family.
Enter at dreamteamfc.com or via our Free iPhone and Android apps which are coming soon.
Free AND Premium teams are eligible to win a pool of £85,000 in end of season prizes, with the first prize a huge £50,000. Premium teams also compete for a separate pot of £206,000 worth of cash prizes, with the first prize a whopping £125,000!
We also have six months’ worth of monthly prizes starting from October, where you compete for a share of £10,000 and can win up to £5,000.
UEFA: Corrupting Football Since 1954 #CTID

Comments

• MaineBlue
    MaineBlue Posts: 15,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 11 July 2013 at 8:55PM
    Options
    Key info

1. There’s £500,000 up for grabs.
    2. Your first team is entirely FREE.
    3. You can buy additional teams to become a Premium Player and compete for the really big cash prizes.
    4. Dream Team scores points for all tournaments English clubs play in, so FA and League Cup AND Champions and Europa League as well as the Premier League obviously.

Dates

July 11 – You can select a team and save it. You’ll need to come back on August 1 to register but don’t worry, we’ll send you a reminder.
    August 1 – Registration opens and you can start to create and join Mini Leagues.
    12:45pm August 17 – Unlimited transfers close and scoring starts, which means THE PREMIER LEAGUE IS FINALLY BACK.

Transfers

Once the season is underway, there are four transfer windows and you can make up to three changes to your team in each window.
    Transfer Window 1: September 3 – 14 2013.
    Transfer Window 2: November 12 – 23 2013.
    Transfer Window 3: January 21 – February 1 2014.
    Transfer Window 4: March 18 – 29 2014.

Mini Leagues

Think of the Mini League as your own fourth place trophy. A league within a league.
    Invite your family, friends, colleagues, acquaintances, former lovers, literally anyone, and settle once and for all who is Jupp Heynckes, and who is that guy he beat in the final.
    New this season - if you set up a Mini League and have more than ten individual entrants you will be automatically entered into our Chairman’s League with a chance to win £10,000.

Prizes

Season: £280,000
    Monthly: Eight months at £10,000 a month = £80,000
    - The first monthly competition is September.
    Predictor: 20 weeks at £6,000 a week (plus a cheeky £5,000 for the highest accumulated score) = £125,000
    - Predictor starts with the weekend fixtures on September 14/15.
    Road to Rio: £15,000 for nine weeks’ work.
    - Road to Rio opens March 4. Free entrants are restricted to one Free end of season prize per entrant. Premium entrants are restricted to a maximum of five prizes per entrant in the Premium prizes.

Footballer equivalent

Imagine your average fantasy football game is Glenn Whelan, by no means a bad player - reliable and tries hard, but unlikely to win you a title.
    Well we’re more in the mould of John Carew - massive, unpredictable, occasionally brilliant and Norwegian.
  • MaineBlue
    edited 11 July 2013 at 9:00PM
    Options
    Mobile site

It’s been a long time coming, but after finally conceding that some people might have these new-fangled “smart phones” we’ve wilted under the pressure, like an England team taking penalties, and have introduced a new Mobile site.
    Don’t forget, we’ve still got our highly rated iPhone and Android apps (hovering around 2.4/5 last time we checked) as well.
    Chairman’s League

This season we have an exclusive Chairman’s League with the chance to compete for £10,000. Entry to the Chairman’s League is more exclusive than a West End night club (but not by much). Simply create a Mini League, get at least 10 people signed up to play (including yourself of course) and your team will automatically be entered into the Chairman’s League with the chance to win a share of a cool £10,000.
    Match Centre

Our new Match Centre lets you see how all the players in your Dream Team are doing in real-time. You can follow all the match action with commentary and tot up your Dream Team points as you go, all the while questioning why you made the team selection you did.
    Road to Rio

Next year’s World Cup promises to be the biggest, best, and sexiest yet. To start the party early we’re offering every single Dream Team player one free entry into our Road to Rio World Cup warm up game with a chance to win a top prize of £10,000 from a total prize pool of £15,000.
    The beauty of Road to Rio? We give you the chance to choose a completely new Dream Team, long after your season has tailed off into mid-table obscurity, and to make life even easier, we’re only going to let you choose from likely participants in the World Cup 2014.
    Join up to ten Mini Leagues

The years of prudently choosing Mini Leagues, biding your time, being careful not to get your number too high, are officially over. Join them all, literally join as many as you want, join two in one night, join one guy’s league, and then instantly join his best mate’s.

Predictor

Forget everything you learnt about Predictor last year, and then remember that it’s 20 weekends and you have to correctly predict the outcome of all four matches over a weekend.
    This year’s Predictor is £5 for 20 tokens to play with a chance to win £6,000 a week for all scores guessed correctly, and if no one gets all the scores, we will then give away £1,000 to the person who comes closest to the correct scores. I know what your thinking - WINNERS EVERY WEEK! The weeks of never-ending rollovers with nothing positive to talk about are long gone.
    Now for the confusing part – the 20 weeks are spread out in five four week blocks. If nobody gets four out of four correct then the remaining £5,000 rolls over until the next week. There is no rolling over between Predictor blocks, which means all money for that block must be won on the fourth week, even if there’s no four out of four correct guess (max £21,000 to win). Get it?
    AND, to add a competitive nature to the whole thing, at the end of the season there’s a £5,000 prize up for grabs for the King of the Predictors, which is decided on points amassed over the season.
    3 points for each correct result with incorrect full-time score (i.e., getting W/D/L correct for the fixture)
    8 points for one correct full-time score out of the four predictions
    18 points for two correct full-time scores out of the four predictions
    30 points for three correct full-time scores out of the four predictions
    55 points for all four correct full-time scores
    To play, or find out more, go to the Predictor area of the game Website, Mobile Website or Apps.
    Reset transfer button

This season, for the very first time you CAN reset your transfers during the window – we really have upped our technological game this year.
    No more waiting until the very last minute again or telling porkies to our customer services agents about a mate “sabotaging” your team.

Captain

Due to the mass confusion caused by Captain (on a level with Joe Kinnear’s return to Newcastle) the captain selection has been removed from this season’s game.
  • MaineBlue
    Options
    Reserved for updates and T's and C's (2)
  • MaineBlue
    Options
    OK, this is now open to create your team folks. I can't create a MSE Mini League just yet due to the following:-
    On August 1, you'll need to come back to the site to register for the 2013/14 season. This year everyone, even existing players, will have to re-register for Dream Team, but don't worry, it'll only take a few minutes.
  • Gbear0382
    Gbear0382 Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    Options
    This is supposed to be open now but I can't seem to get it to work. Constantly getting a popup error message and can't see my team anywhere after submitting.

Anyone else encountering this?
    More GRRR than the average Bear!!
  • Midnighter
    Midnighter Posts: 18,453 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 1 August 2013 at 3:13PM
    Options
    'Your chosen players cannot have a combined value of more than £50 million and your team must play one of the three formations: 4-4-2, 4-3-3 or 4-5-1.'

Seems lower than previous seasons.

'July 11 – You can select a team and save it. You’ll need to come back on August 1 to register but don’t worry, we’ll send you a reminder.'

Started building a team back in July, set up an account and now can find nowhere to log in.

Decided to start from scratch and when I click on enter nothing happens.
    '...luck came to those who left a space for it.' Terry Pratchett
  • Gbear0382
    Options
    I registered a Sun+ account which is supposed to complete the process but then nothing seems to happen same as you :(
  • Midnighter
    Midnighter Posts: 18,453 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Just received an email from them containing a link to my previously started team. Click on the link and it takes me to the blank entry form. :mad:
    '...luck came to those who left a space for it.' Terry Pratchett
  • Gbear0382
    Options
    Same. Still get the annoying popup error 'Invalid title passed' :mad:
  • custardcream1000
    Options
    Gbear0382 wrote: »
    Same. Still get the annoying popup error 'Invalid title passed' :mad:

The only thing I can think of is that your team name is too long?

I am not even getting an error message, nothing happens at all when I click submit:huh:
    £630/ £2014

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport