Free McDonalds Smoothie if your download App

Options
lyndsey6303
lyndsey6303 Posts: 53 Forumite
I've been Money Tipped!
edited 28 May 2014 at 1:43PM in Freebies (no spend required)
Official MoneySavingExpert insert: This promotion is up and running again for 2014. We contacted McDonalds and confirmed the T&Cs for this year. Users can download the app for free then play a game to qualify for a voucher. They will then be entitled to a regular sized Peach and Passion Fruit Iced Smoothie or a Chocolate Chip Iced Frappe.

Thanks to lyndsey6303 for posting.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Had an email from McDonalds today advertising . . . .

Download our new app and break the ice for your chance to try a delicious Iced Fruit Smoothie for free! The app also contains a restaurant finder, our latest promotions and the full menu with nutritional information.

The app itself is free to download and I believe "break the ice" refers to a game but I haven't given it a go because I have a very basic phone. Hopefully it is no strings attached and could be helpful for someone.

More info here - http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/ukhome/Restaurants/McDonaldsonyourmobile/smoothies-app.html
main.jpg

Comments

• svjoc1987
    svjoc1987 Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    i used this last week

you basically open the app and break the ice on the screen by swiping it away

i used my voucher that day with no problems, its worth £1.99 as thats what the smoothie would normally cost you
  • Own_My_Own
    Own_My_Own Posts: 6,098 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    edited 22 June 2013 at 4:52PM
    Options
    This was posted last week.

I downloaded the app 5 times and still didn't will a smoothie. Tried on phone and iPad with no joy. Gave up in the end.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4656017&highlight=

ETA. Just had another go and eureka ! I have got a free smoothie.
  • Charlotte49
    Charlotte49 Posts: 228 Forumite
    Options
    Took me quite a few attempts but just got and redeemed mine. I'm a big fan of these anyway (they taste surprisingly fresh and healthy for McDonalds!) so it was nice to get one for free. Can be used in the drive-through as well which is handy :)
  • davyuk
    davyuk Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    I've got the app so just won mine by breaking the ice. I've got a week to collect it. Thank you
  • ChiuMMP
    ChiuMMP Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Grab your Free Mcdonald's Iced Fruit Smoothies when you download their Smoothies Smart Phone App. You’ll get full menu with nutritional information, restaurant locator and latest promotions. Download now and try one for free! I got Mango Pineapple fruit smoothie today :j
  • Dave_Biggins
    Options
    Just got myself a free smoothie from mcdonalds. I got it through their iPhone app, downloaded it and there is a "game" if you can call it that and the prize is a free smoothie, just take your phone to any mcdonalds restaurant with the app open and you can redeem it there and then. Tastes good too.

The app is available from the apple app store (Mcdonalds UK)
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,959 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks for posting Lyndsey
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Bhamstudent
    Options
    Simply download the McDonalds app (available for Android and iOS); or update to the latest version if you have it installed.

Promotion will appear on main page; you can skip the bit where it wants to take your photo and see if you've got a free Frappe.

If you aren't successful first time round; you can try every hour.

The promo ends 15th September.
  • lilian1977
    lilian1977 Posts: 5,038 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks, got one on my first try x
    My debt free diary | Post Office loan: £2827 | Natwest Credit Card: £3362.96
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What's a frappe? Do I drink or eat it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts