Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• mac9091
    • By mac9091 16th Mar 13, 10:34 PM
    • 20Posts
    • 3Thanks
    0 WOW
    Amazon Subscribe and Save scam!
    • 16th Mar 13, 10:34 PM
    0 WOW
    Amazon Subscribe and Save scam! 16th Mar 13 at 10:34 PM
    Not sure if this is the best place to put this as in my opinion this is quite a big deal and the more people on the look out the better.

Problem: you chose an item on subscribe and save 1st, 2nd and 3rd deliveries all ok, Just before the 4th delivery you get an email informing you that the price has increased by approx 20% (in my experience)

I think this is a deliberate tactic by Amazon to catch out buyers who slip into the 'i dont need to worry' frame of mind. Now this has happened 4 times to me over the past year and a half three being with dog food and once with razor blades. As the dog food was common i checked the price history of other dog food and noticed that they had not increased by 20% over the same period.

I contacted amazon three months ago and they said that it was a pricing error and then proceeded to deliver my next three dog food orders at the same price, then low and behold i get the same email saying that the price has increased. I have now contacted BBCs watchdog about this and am notifying everyone i can to be vigilant and on the look out for this trend.

Hopefully i am seeing things that aren't there but after so many times and always after the third delivery (regardless of how many months have passed) the price increases.

Please check your subscriptions if you do use it.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

892Posts Today

6,228Users online

Martin's Twitter