Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    G_Model101
    Can work ask me to delay my surgery?
    • 11th Mar 13, 1:46 PM
    Can work ask me to delay my surgery? 11th Mar 13 at 1:46 PM
    I have a chronic nasal condition that, after being messed around with by the NHS and being passed off by consultants, hopefully is hopefully, finally coming to an end. I finally have a date for surgery in 3 weeks time.
    I've worked for a local government authority for just over two years and unfortunately the date I have been given falls at our financial year end. As I've been told I may need 2 weeks off post surgery, my boss has begun to panic and has suggested that my head of department may not allow me to have the time off at this time of year.
    Is it possible for them to do this?

It's frustrating because we are a very small team, so whenever I was to have the surgery is going to effect our delivery of service and we are moving offices in the summer, so I'm not sure there is ever going to be an ideal time to have it. Everything is always very "up in the air" at year end, they aren't anticipating problems but I think would desire to have me around should there be any...

I've been incredibly frustrated by the whole experience of dealing with the NHS in treating my condition. I've seen consultants who have told me to keep taking the same unaffective nose drops and was actually booked into have surgery before Christmas, which at the last minute didn't go ahead as a doctor wanted me to have an X-ray instead. My condition isn't life or death, it's just taken so long to get here, is it unreasonable of me to want to treat my problem as soon as I can?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,744Posts Today

7,488Users online

Martin's Twitter