🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

help with my bankruptcy fees

Options
hi can anyone help me i live in cornwall and have contacted all the charities in the list for help and none of them can help me.i am struggling with my debts to the point of ending it all i need help please.

Comments

• IF
    IF Posts: 34,349 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    battymother, which Debt free charity is helping you?

I see from previous posts in 2008 CAB were helping. To get help with BR fees you often have to go through one of the debt charities. I'm sorry this is a stressful situation, have you a friendly doctor who you can talk too?

First step is to make a list of all your creditors, debts and assets. Secondly and most important is contact one of the following debt charities. Please try these they don't charge and are impartial. They will go through all your options with you and if they suggest bankruptcy then come back to this board and we will help you all we can. Also if your not ‘clicking’ with one of the Debt charities do try another. We advise you to try at least two others for your own piece of mind. Your BR could be refused if you have not sought advice. (Advice on here does not count, this has to be from one of the Debt Charities, an IP, an Accountant or a Solicitor. The Judge just wants to be sure that you can never come back and try and overturn the order on the basis that you were not aware of all the consequences).

* Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, click on the blue links below *

Main recommended sources of help:

Others:

Please don’t do anything rash take your time and weigh up your options and read everything you can.

We often ask you to post your SOA so we can see if you have included what you need to:-
    MSE SOA Calculator - Click here
    Select the MSE format at the end. Copy and paste onto your thread.

For ‘essential’ BR info the ‘Look here first’ sticky by Fermi.

BR friendly home insurance thread.

BR Friendly Bank Accounts ~ [Updated Sep 2012 re: Co-op Cashminder withdrawal]

BR Abbreviations

Beth's Guide Reasons for your BR

Charities who help with BR Fees

Bankruptcy NDL Guide

Basic Bankruptcy Advice & Guide NED CAB

If you are new/old to this board and receive/see a comment that is not helpful or insensitive please don’t let it put you off posting, often these comments are made by people who don’t normally contribute to this board and don’t speak for us.

What to do if you get an insensitive or hurtful comment.

And do remember we’ve all been through this and anything you don’t understand don’t be afraid to ask.

Best wishes
    IF...x
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • battymother
    Options
    battymother, which Debt free charity is helping you?

I see from previous posts in 2008 CAB were helping. To get help with BR fees you often have to go through one of the debt charities. I'm sorry this is a stressful situation, have you a friendly doctor who you can talk too?

First step is to make a list of all your creditors, debts and assets. Secondly and most important is contact one of the following debt charities. Please try these they don't charge and are impartial. They will go through all your options with you and if they suggest bankruptcy then come back to this board and we will help you all we can. Also if your not ‘clicking’ with one of the Debt charities do try another. We advise you to try at least two others for your own piece of mind. Your BR could be refused if you have not sought advice. (Advice on here does not count, this has to be from one of the Debt Charities, an IP, an Accountant or a Solicitor. The Judge just wants to be sure that you can never come back and try and overturn the order on the basis that you were not aware of all the consequences).

* Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, click on the blue links below *

Main recommended sources of help:
    Others:
    Please don’t do anything rash take your time and weigh up your options and read everything you can.

We often ask you to post your SOA so we can see if you have included what you need to:-
    MSE SOA Calculator - Click here
    Select the MSE format at the end. Copy and paste onto your thread.

For ‘essential’ BR info the ‘Look here first’ sticky by Fermi.

BR friendly home insurance thread.

BR Friendly Bank Accounts ~ [Updated Sep 2012 re: Co-op Cashminder withdrawal]

BR Abbreviations

Beth's Guide Reasons for your BR

Charities who help with BR Fees

Bankruptcy NDL Guide

Basic Bankruptcy Advice & Guide NED CAB

If you are new/old to this board and receive/see a comment that is not helpful or insensitive please don’t let it put you off posting, often these comments are made by people who don’t normally contribute to this board and don’t speak for us.

What to do if you get an insensitive or hurtful comment.

And do remember we’ve all been through this and anything you don’t understand don’t be afraid to ask.

Best wishes
    IF...x
    thank you for your help.i have ben to the cab today and they think i am best doing a dro.they are advising me on this and im meeting them again next week.this doesnt seem so bad as bankruptcy and i will finally be free from all my debt,it will be like winning the lottery.im still alittle daunted by the dro but will read all the posts on here to help.i finally feel like i am taking a small step forward.:)
  • whichwhydoIturn
    Options
    Batty,I'm in exactly the same situation as you
    I've goe from tears to laughter and don't remember when I last slept a whole night
    I'm praying that the relief I've read about here from others will be mine and yours one day soon
    mum "e" to the most perfect girl :Awho stood by me through it all nana to my beautiful grandson WLM 27.09.13:j
    mother of the bride September 2014 :love:
    Turning a house into a home :o
    What if the Hokey Cokey is really what it's all about ?
  • battymother
    Options
    yes i hope so too.there seems to be alot of good advice on here.ive been told for years to go bankrupt but never a mention of a dro before.i woke upo today with hope that i can sort my situation out and be able to live again instead of existing.thanks to every body.:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport