Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Shopping & Freebies > Shop but don't drop > 4 weeks Financial Times subscription for 1. (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
4 weeks Financial Times subscription for 1.
Closed Thread
Views: 17,337
# 1
WOW Factor 0
MSE Martin
Old 24-04-2007, 11:42 AM
Money Saving Expert
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Default 4 weeks Financial Times subscription for 1.

What's the deal?

To promote the launch of its new website, FTlatest, the Financial Times is offering readers 4 weeks subscription to the paper for £1. For this sum, you can get the paper delivered to your door before 7 am each weekday. If you live outside the delivery zone, you'll get 4 weeks worth of pre-pay vouchers, which can be exchanged for the paper anywhere that sells it. The price also includes subscription to premium content on the website.

The only catch is you have to sign up by direct debit, then cancel the subscription before 4 weeks is up.

Where can I get it?

To get your subscription, go to the special promotion page on FTlatest, and enter in your postcode. The site'll tell you whether delivery is an option in your area. You can then choose whether you'd like pre-paid vouchers instead of the delivery option.

You'll need to fill in the form lower down and set up a direct debit from your bank account. The £1 fee will be debited from your account when the subscription starts.

To cancel the subscription when the trial period is about to end, call 0800 298 3852.

Anything else I should know?

When the trial period ends, the subsciption costs £97.50 every 13 weeks. However, even if you forget to cancel in time, you should be able to get a refund on outstanding papers. If you use prepay vouchers, you can get a refund for any you haven't used.

The promotion's limited to one subscription per order, and takes up to 15 days to begin.

Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.

Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.

Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Last edited by Former MSE Natasha; 01-05-2007 at 5:17 PM.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MSE Martin For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
elysiumuk
Old 25-04-2007, 11:54 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Website not working

www.ftlatest.com is not currently working, is there another link?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elysiumuk For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
mmlh
Old 25-04-2007, 12:25 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

try this: https://www.ftlatest.com/bs-trial1-2...asp?source=125
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mmlh For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
mk-donald
Old 25-04-2007, 1:59 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

And if you banked with GIRObank - now Alliance & Leicester - and thus have a bank postcode of GIR 0AA then you can forget trying to sign up online as the FT system isn't up to date enough to recognise this approximately 40 year old postcode - durh durh durh.

They DONT accept it if you phone up - as they dont bother ask for it! Takes about ten minutes to go through it all on the phone to sign up though. Will be good to read the FT again as had it from work but was too expensive to pay for after leaving there.

(PS: In case anyone is wondering, as I started to when I thought about it, GIR 0AA is definitely gir 0aa with 0 for zero not O for Oscar - confirmed to Royal Mail and Government data standards.)

Last edited by mk-donald; 25-04-2007 at 2:30 PM. Reason: Clarify postcde
The Following User Says Thank You to mk-donald For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
pondie1
Old 25-04-2007, 2:03 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

i got a 4 week booklet of coupons today from these
65p off weekdays
£1 off weekend
plus an ad on inside back page regarding subscription offer

Last edited by pondie1; 28-04-2007 at 9:33 AM.
# 6
mark1024
Old 28-04-2007, 9:25 AM
MoneySaving Convert

My first copy appeared through the letterbox today. Excellent offer !
# 7
soolin
Old 28-04-2007, 9:41 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Wonderful. My DH occasionally buys the FT especially at the weekend and it is horribly expensive. Have just signed him up for a months worth!

Soo
# 8
wilf55
Old 01-05-2007, 9:01 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

you deflecting soo lol ....jumped the wall!!??
Save 12k in 2014 member 101 168/6000
# 9
OneBrightStar
Old 02-05-2007, 12:56 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Cheers, just signed up for a month's subscription and my first copy was delivered within 2 days of the request.

Thanks to the OP.
# 10
chinup
Old 02-05-2007, 1:58 PM
MoneySaving Convert

wilf55- what was that in our planets language ??!
remember always -'' life shrinks or expands in proportion to ones courage''
# 11
MOCHA
Old 02-05-2007, 1:59 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Talking

Do they still have the 'What to spend it on' feature on a Saturday?
# 12
longforgotten
Old 02-05-2007, 11:44 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Will my nice newsagent take these vouchers in payment for my usual paper and a bit of extra shopping..........
# 13
littlemissmay
Old 23-05-2007, 5:56 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default concerned..

:confused: it's been over 2 weeks since i signed up..still no sign of any vouchers, i noticed that they debited my 1 on monday and when i tried to call today, the customer service telephone number in my email doesnt exist according to bt. i'll give it til the end of the week..
# 14
Techno
Old 23-05-2007, 9:05 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

littlemissmay
Same here - telephone number is wrong
Try 0800 028 1407 - gets through to an overseas call centre but I've been promised a months supply will be with me by Friday
Techno
x
If you think you are too small to make a difference, try getting in bed with a mosquito!
# 15
MOCHA
Old 24-05-2007, 3:35 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

My vouchers haven't arrived yet either so I called the freephone number (It worked for me!) and was told that the first lot of coupons were sent on May 4th and that they'd send some more.
I'm fed up with items of mail not reaching me, even Recorded Delivery letters never arrive.
# 16
SirMimic
Old 24-05-2007, 10:48 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Unhappy

Here is my story:
Signed up for the trial around 4 weeks ago. They said my first paper would come from the the 10th of May by the Van delivery. Never did. Called 4 days later, the guy said he would sort it out, waited another week (that a couple of days ago).
Phoned them up again and said I would like the vouchers instead. They said that they would cancel my current trial and start me up on a new one, they would call me back in a few minutes to confirm - because they had to get the supervisor. Waited an hour, no call. Called them back, they said that the trial had been canceled and they had sent me the vouchers. Received an email about cancellation of trial. Still, no vouchers and no confirmation of new trial!

I am going to wait until Monday if I don't have any vouchers, I am going to make sure they have canceled my trial or any other trial they may have put me on. I don't want to end up paying 90 pounds for something I don't even receive!

Really sucks because I've never read the financial times but it looks interesting and its free-ish.
# 17
MUHAMID
Old 25-05-2007, 6:35 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Send a message via AIM to MUHAMID Send a message via Yahoo to MUHAMID

I receved my vouchers today.the date on the letter is 11 May 2007.
my first voucher was started on 19 May 2007.so missed a week.
MSE IS AN ADDICTION
# 18
longforgotten
Old 26-05-2007, 11:30 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I checked my bank a/c today and found that the £1 had been taken by direct debit.

I phoned 0800 298 4709 today and spoke to a very nice guy, I explained I 'd been charged for the 4 week trial but had not received any vouchers. He told me that they should have sent out the first lot, then because there had been so many problems they sent out a second lot with some complimentary vouchers.... so there's two batches I have not received.

He's going to arrange another set be sent to me with some complimentary vouchers. Let's hope I'm lucky this time.

He even reminded me of the date I need to phone up by if I wish not to continue with the subscription. Very helpful guy.

Last edited by longforgotten; 26-05-2007 at 12:03 PM.
# 19
MOCHA
Old 26-05-2007, 4:06 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

My second lot of vouchers still haven't arrived. I wish I'd not bothered with the whole thing.
If you have Internet banking you can cancel the direct debit mandate and that will stop the subscription. I've already done that!
# 20
littlemissmay
Old 02-06-2007, 6:04 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Update

called up this morning..she was very helpful and explained that there was a problem with the postage system- something to do with the bank holiday or something..anyways, she said she would cancel my subscription and that she would send me complimentary vouchers within a week.....let's hope they arrive!
Closed Thread