Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

should i pay the court fees?
    • 5th Dec 12, 12:02 PM
    should i pay the court fees? 5th Dec 12 at 12:02 PM

i had a debt with a childcare provider which i have now paid off. they have been very unreasonable throughout - phoned me on the day to tell me they would not be collecting my son that day unless i paid 400 despite the fact i had an agreement in place to pay weekly; they passed it to a debt collector (daniels silverman) without trying to arrange a payment plan with me; the debt collectors didn't respond to my repayment proposal and then the childcare provider issued me with court notification (no letter before claim was sent). anyway, they refused my offers of 30pcm, 50pcm and demanded 100pcm despite me having no disposable income (and providing evidence of this). eventually they bullied me into 70pcm and the debt of 527 (collection agency fees included) has now been settled. however they are demanding i pay the 60 court fees but my argument is that their court action was premature and unreasonable and they have been such b*****ds throughout that i am loathe to pay it. they are threatening me with further court action.

any advice would be gratefully received.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

511Posts Today

4,027Users online

Martin's Twitter