Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Essential Money > Debt-Free Wannabe > Obtaining your credit report? (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Obtaining your credit report?
Views: 404
# 1
john10001
Old 04-12-2012, 1:02 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Obtaining your credit report?

Has anyone used noddle to obtain a free credit report (provide by call credit)? Are there any downsides to getting credit report this way or anything to be aware of, or is it really a free credit report with no strings attached?
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
Ellieseleven
Old 05-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I've been thinking about getting this report too and would be interested in what others think

Ellie xx
Lightbulb Moment 16/07/2010
DFD - Nov 2021 Apr 2020 Mar2017- 41/136 130101 61
45,972 17,979 60.89% paid off @Nov 2014
28 months left
DMP mutual support thread member:385
365 in 365 days #71 497
# 3
DebtClearer
Old 05-12-2012, 1:38 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I did it last night. It worked great and shows you a fixed picture of your credit report. I think it updates once a month.

I gives you a rating out of 5, 5 being the lowest risk to lenders. I was a 4, having no defaults/CCJS etc.

It is definitely worth doing if you are unsure.
LBM - DEBTS @ 06/01/14 - 20,577.79
CURRENT DEBTS @ 21,181.57 LEGAL DEBTS@6,839.12
SAVINGS @ LBM - 3.93/15000
CURRENT SAVING @ - 90/15,000
CLEAR DEBT AND GET HOUSE DEPOSIT BY XMAS 2017!

The Following User Says Thank You to DebtClearer For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
fermi
Old 05-12-2012, 1:52 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Have used it since they put the service out for trial a couple of years ago.

It had teething troubles, but now seems to work just fine.

Obviously it is only updated once per month at most, so not suitable if you want to monitor info more frequently than that. But most people don't ever need more unless you are disputing information on your report and have pending credit applications etc.

It is also obviously a source of lead generation via the matched products, vouchers etc. But then no-one is twisting your arm on any of those, and the report is provided free regardless.

The Callcredit data is also the least used CRA dataset, so again not the most useful of the 3 reports you could have. Saying that, CC/noddle has always showed all the account of mine that it should, so even that varies.

All in all it is very useful for free, as long as you bear in mind that for some purposes you may still need to get the normal statutory reports from all 3 CRAs.
I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Bankruptcy, Credit Cards, Loans, and Benefits boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com | > New to Forum? Click for Guide <

Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
The Following User Says Thank You to fermi For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
john10001
Old 09-12-2012, 10:49 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Just tried noddle!

I am a 3 out of 5!

All my cards show as upto date and no issues except for one.

In February there was one credit card a few days late as they had not updated my address details the statements were going to my old address. I didn't realise how much balance was on the card so couldn't change the payment amount to the right amount for that month and I believe if I remember rightly it may have been a few pounds short. I don't suppose there is anything I can do about that now though.

One of the bank accounts that has been demanding repayment from me of an overdraft is not listed there. I made them an offer last week for full and final settlement at a lower amount than the full balance. I am wondering if it means that they have accepted that or sold the alleged debt on?

I now am in two minds whether I go the IVA route or not. Just a little bit of easing will help, e.g. getting rid of that one overdraft and maybe shifting one of my cards to a zero percent rate for a couple of years. Otherwise I may have to unfortunately go via the IVA given my income seems to be less than what my outgoing is.

Will have to think this through some more.
# 6
kururunfa
Old 09-12-2012, 11:10 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I tried it, and all the information it had about the accounts that I currently have open, but it only has one default on file for me, while Credit Expert shows two (the one Noddle doesn't know about is very old, and will drop off my CE report in a few months). Even with just that one default, I'm rated 1/5! I am on the electoral roll, I have a bank account with no overdraft (have had the account several years), and have a mobile contract that is being reported as paid every month.

I recently got accepted for a Vanquis card which is being used and paid in full each month, but Vanquis haven't reported it yet. I'm hoping after a few months of good usage I'll get upgraded to a 2

If you haven't seen your report in a long time, I think it's worth getting reports from all the major agencies to make sure everything is as it should be. I do like Noddle though, and I'll be checking it every month or so to see how long it takes for my report to look semi-respectable again.
The Following User Says Thank You to kururunfa For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
UsetheFORCE
Old 09-12-2012, 11:48 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I pay 3.49 a month for unlimited access to my Equifax file online, that coupled with Noddle covers (and should cover) all your accounts.

I get the impression that most lenders report to Call Credit even though they don't normally search Call Credit. In fact ALL my accounts are on Noddle including a Loan which doesn't appear on eith Experian or Equifax.
I have numerous qualifications in Business and Finance, Accountancy, Health and Safety and am now studying Law.

Don't rely on anything I write as it may be wrong!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to UsetheFORCE For This Useful Post: Show me >>