Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    pinkshoes
    Train Journey with toddler
    • 22nd Nov 12, 5:21 PM
    Train Journey with toddler 22nd Nov 12 at 5:21 PM
    I'm travelling to my parents house at Christmas with my (just turned) 2 year old, and we're taking the train.

I have a few Qs:

1. Which is the best site to book the ticket with? (i.e. less or no booking fees)

2. Two year olds travel for free, but is it possible to book a seat for them, and if yes, how do I do this?? He's HUGE for his age, so my legs would get really numb if he had to sit on my knee for almost 3 hours.

3. Any tips for entertaining a 2 year old on a train, and how to be organised, especially when we have to change at Sheffield?? I'm not overly strong, and I'm just wondering how I'm going to manage toddler, bags and pushchair!

(It's just a 1 way trip, we'll be going back by car!)
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

178Posts Today

1,379Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @stellacreasy: Walthamstow- if you were one of the 100 who helped lifted the bus to rescue that poor cyclist. Just Thank you. #proudmp #?

• RT @itvthismorning: Should Sam and her husband get a loan to pay for a dream trip? They dared to ask @MartinSLewis... so what did he say? h?

• Rare Tesco 500 extra pts code (worth £5-£20) for new AND exist cust if you do £60+ online food shop. Ends tomorrow http://t.co/3PBwqjFNRb RT

• Follow Martin