IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Baavet - Pure English 100% wool duvet 40% off
Views: 11,991
# 1
Haffiana
Old 25-10-2012, 11:10 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default Baavet - Pure English 100% wool duvet 40% off

I have one of these (I read about them in a thread here originally!), and they are just wonderful. This is the real deal made with pure proper wool, not inferior 'bonded' wool like Fogarty etc. They are normally quite expensive, but so worth it!
The one on sale is the 3-4 season weight wool duvet which is IMHO the most useful and versatile of their duvet weights. This is a really good price - I paid a lot more for mine.

Particularly good if you are allergic to dust mites in feather duvets and don't want to sleep under man-made fibres. Also the best for ladies 'of a certain age' because of the heat regulating qualities of wool.

http://www.baavet.co.uk/shop/index.p...&product_id=50
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Haffiana For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
ragz
Old 25-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Oooh I really wish I could afford one, they look great. 60 is a bit much for me, totally worth it though I am sure.
Ragz is busy studying
Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
The Following User Says Thank You to ragz For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
youth leader
Old 25-10-2012, 1:23 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

thanks for bringing them to my attention - I have a small guest house and have already bought Devon duvets, people always comment that they have slept really well.
Tesco bought out some cheaper wool duvets and I rang to see where the wool comes from - Poland. As I doubt the sheep enjoy any standards of animal welfare there I wouldn't buy one of those.
I'll try this baavet brand for my son, who is languishing under a horrible 'like down' lumpy thing at the moment. Cheers!
# 4
Haffiana
Old 25-10-2012, 6:30 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Interesting - I can see a wool duvet would be perfect for a guest house, because unlike down or feather, you can't really trash it! They are as resilient as wool blankets, aren't they - you can jump up and down on them without damaging them! And they probably last for years and years without disintegrating or becoming dust. And they don't bunch up as polyester seems to do.

I just love how simply comfortable they are. Never too hot, always just right (OK, mine is a bit too much in the height of summer!)

My Baavet even smells woolly. It has just the faintest trace of lanolin in the smell.
# 5
melbury
Old 25-10-2012, 8:28 PM

I have had a Fogarty wool duvet for just over three years and love it. When I put it on the bed I couldn't believe that it would be warm enough through the winter, but it is

What is inferior "bonded" wool? Fogarty are made from 100% pure New Zealand wool, so don't understand.
Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time

Last edited by melbury; 25-10-2012 at 8:33 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to melbury For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
FattyBettyBoo
Old 25-10-2012, 8:33 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Too warm!

I got one last time too and I can't use it in my small new-build as I boil under it!!
I seldom end up where I wanted to go, but almost always end up where I need to be

Debt at present ...
Halifax (0% July13) - 1,920, BarclayCard (0% Sept13 & Jan14) - 4,260
# 7
emerald_starcat
Old 25-10-2012, 8:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbury View Post
I have had a Fogarty wool duvet for just over three years and love it. When I put it on the bed I couldn't believe that it would be warm enough through the winter, but it is

What is inferior "bonded" wool? Fogarty are made from 100% pure New Zealand wool, so don't understand.
I work for Fogarty and can confirm that the wool we use is not inferior.
My daughters are my world
The Following User Says Thank You to emerald_starcat For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
scgf
Old 28-10-2012, 10:11 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Fogarty uses polypropolene in the construction of its wool duvets. Polypropolene is a man-made material and using it in the duvet negates the natural benefits of wool.

I have the Fogarty wool duvet and have recently bought a Baavet and the difference is night and day. The Fogarty is really thin and doesn't keep me warm even in Spring or Autumn, the Baavet is so snuggly warm within seconds of slipping under it. It feels so right!
The Following User Says Thank You to scgf For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
suetango
Old 28-10-2012, 11:07 PM
MoneySaving Convert

In defence of the Fogarty wool duvet, I have one (paid 25-ish a couple of years ago) and I love it too.
I'm sure these are also very nice - I definitely recommend any wool duvet and this is a great price!
lovecatslovecatslovecatslovecatslovecatslovecats
# 10
Hilkka
Old 30-01-2013, 11:56 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Smile Baavet wool duvet

I must say that I agree with the posts here that are in praise of Baavet products.
Their duvets are beautiful, cosy and comfortable! Never too hot and never cold. I am now gradually putting them on all the beds in the house, and am sure they will stand the test of time.
Their other products follow with their high standards in quality and manufacture.
I have a Fogarty wool duvet . . . now not in use! The Baavet duvet has replaced it for good!
Baavet is much snugglier and no polypropolene (which to me defeats the whole idea of something pure and natural . . . I didn't know it was there when I ordered the Fogarty duvet).
# 11
ninatyc
Old 20-02-2013, 10:56 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Baavet - There are other wool duvets but a Baavet is the only British made pure wool

Get 20% off selected products and FREE shipping - use promotional code YY2012 at the checkout for some great savings today.

And there's a sale on cat and dog beds, they're made from the same stuff as the duvets! Can't get our dogs out of bed in the morning lol!