Arrow Global / Mail Order (Littlewoods)

Options
Hello,

My girlfriend recently applied for a new credit card with her bank (RBS) but she was rejected. She previously had a card last year with them. She then checked her credit account and found a default for £236 mail order from Arrow Global. This was dated back to 2007 and had only recently been put on her account (August 2012). Her name is spelt wrong and her date of birth is also incorrect. She has no knowledge of this debt.

She has contacted Experian who referred her to speak with Arrow Global. She rang them but they have nothing on there system against her name, however did mention Littlewoods. She contacted Littlewoods and they said she needs to speak with Arrow Global as they own the debt. She has asked them to provide information of the debt but they don't have any!

She has never received any letters or phone calls from anybody regarding any debt, she has has passed several credit checks apart from the RBS check for the credit card.

I would like some help trying to resolve this as we seem to be getting nowhere at the moment. I am keen to get this taken off her credit account as we are planning to buy our first house early next year and don't want any problems trying to get a mortgage.

Thanks for reading, any help would be appreciated

Richard.

Comments

• nottoolate
    nottoolate Posts: 1,359 Forumite
    Options
    if the name and date of birth are wrong on the credit report then its experians cockup by putting it on the wrong persons report. they should remove it.
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    Agreed, and Arrow (as the debt purchaser) should not have reported the debt as this should have been Littlewoods problem. That said, it is irrelevant and as the data has been incorrectly applied you need to ask them (the CRA) to remove their error in 28 days. If they do not, then you complain to the data commissioner.

It is a sad day when your own bank will take the data from a third party as gospel, and no go on their own experience. I'd bring this to their attention too.
  • Experian_company_representative
    Experian_company_representative Posts: 2,134 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We should be able to remove the data from your girlfriend's report and I'm sorry we didn't do this originally. Please ask her to to submit a request for us to remove the entry from her report using our online query form.

Thanks
    James Jones
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of Experian. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"

Posts by James Jones, Neil Stone, Stuart Storey & Joe Standen
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport